The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

Yep, the underdog smash hit of the 1991 Night of the Living Drexel has hit DVD in a jam packed Special Edition courtesy of those fine folks at Troma. After years of hearing about that semi-legendary screening, I finally saw the film for the first time last, and I can easily see why it played right into the audience's wheelhouse.

Of note in the extras is an extensive interview with director Rolfe Kanefsky, who, in the midst of discussing his grueling attempts to secure distribution for the film, namechecks some of the festivals where it played, including the Houston Film Festival, the Florence (Italy) Film Festival and...the Ohio Horror Marathon!

For more mutual love, check out the "Theatrical Release: Part 1" section of the Making Of e-book on Rolfe's website (http://theresnothingoutthere.com/about.htm)

Last edited by Joe Neff on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:43 pm 

I was there. It was a great showing and played well to the audience. While at Chiller Theatre,Rolfe let me read his script for his follow up,There's Still Nothing Out There. It would have been a great flick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:44 am 

The "boom Mike" was freakin' Hysterical!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 am 

That was a fun screening. I think Rolfe sat in the row behind me for most of the rest of the marathon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:20 am 

I watch my DVD of THERE'S NOTHING OUT THERE Friday night and I have a question for those who saw this at the Marathon, I seem to recall the "Boom Mike" scene being a lot longer on the big screen than on the DVD (I also noticed this when it was on Cinemax many years ago). At the marathon screening I remembers the Alien Creature buzzing around on the floor alot more and Nick jumped from table to table before running out of places to jump and the handy Boom mike appears. But on the DVD he only jumps once and we don't see the Alien Creature buzzing around on the floor.

I also remember director Rolfe Kanefsky talking about how they placed the Alien Creature on top of a remote controled truck during that scene. Can anyone else confirm this??