The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:46 pm 

Independent film distributor Shout Factory announced the launch of its Scream Factory offshoot, which will specialize in horror and science-fiction cult favorites.

Scream Factory's inaugural programming debuts this September with Collector's Edition Blu-rays of both Halloween II and Halloween III: Season of the Witch. While the technical specifications are still unknown for Scream's HD sets, the Blu-rays contain a number of bonus supplements, such as:

Halloween II -

Two audio commentaries: - Director Rick Rosenthal
- Stunt co-ordinator/actor Dick Warlock
The Nightmare Isn't Over: The Making Of Halloween II documentary featuring Rick Rosenthal, Lance Guest, Dick Warlock, Alan Howarth, and Dean Cundey
Horror's Hallowed Grounds featurette on the original shooting locations
Still gallery
Theatrical trailer, TV and radio spots
A limited edition - less than 500 copies made - Haddonfield Memorial Hospital nurse's hat if Halloween II is purchased at Shout Factory's website

Halloween III: Season of the Witch -

Two audio commentaries: - Director Tommy Lee Wallace
- Star Tom Atkins
Stand Alone: The Making Of Halloween III: Season Of The Witch documentary featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Dick Warlock, and Dean Cundey
Horror's Hallowed Grounds featurette on the original shooting locations
Still gallery
Theatrical trailers and TV spots
A limited edition - less than 500 copies made - poster if Halloween III is purchased at Shout Factory's website
Both discs are expected to street on September 18th.

Following these two titles, Scream Factory will offer Blu-rays of Terror Train, John Carpenter's They Live, Tobe Hooper's The Funhouse, Don Coscarelli's Phantasm II, and Wes Craven's Deadly Blessing.

Release dates, as well as exact technical and supplementary details, are still unknown for the aforementioned titles, though Shout promises that each title will get "anamorphic widescreen [transfers], and most will be released in a 'Collector's Edition' packed with new bonus content, archival materials, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, [and] a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:01 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:09 am 

Finally a proper release of Phantasm II. It will go nicely with the AB editions of Phantasm and Pantasm III.

I do like that Halloween II and III will get a proper SE. Now for Blu Ray release of Halloween 4 and 5 and the producers cut of Halloween 6.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:30 pm 

I got both of these today along with a Limited Edition Poster for Halloween III and a Limited Edition Nurses Hat from Halloween II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:57 pm 

Do you wear your nurses hat while watching Halloween II? I'm not a huge fan of those premiums. I do have a copy of House of the Devil on legit VHS when I order my DVD copy from Amazon years ago. I need something to playback on my D Theater VHS besides a copy of T2 and Backdraft. I just went the discount route and got Halloween II and III from Amazon.