The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:53 am 

In April 2010, Shout Factory would commence a new series of home video releases under the banner, “Roger Corman's Cult Classics”, presenting classic titles from the New World Pictures film library. The first title to come out on Blu-ray will be Joe Dante's 'Piranha', which according to retailer information will be released on May 4, 2010.

Piranha is long over due for a screening at the horror marathon!!!

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Thu May 27, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm 

I haven't seen that since I was a teenager and I think it was on TV. I was underimpressed at the time, though I admit, it has been so long, I barely remember anything about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:55 am 

Shout! Factory has revealed the full details for the two titles it will release on Blu-ray on August 3 as part of its Roger Corman's Cult Classic collection: Piranha (Joe Dante, 1978) and Humanoids from the Deep (Barbara Peters, 1980). The latter will feature a version never been seen before in the United States, as it was taken from the interpositive from the uncut international version.

Piranha

Piranha marked the solo directorial debut of Joe Dante, after a long apprenticeship under Roger Corman's tutelage at New World Pictures, and also marked the first produced screenplay of future indie-film icon and two-time Academy Award nominee John Sayles.

The Piranha Blu-ray features the iconic vintage cover art from the film's original 1978 movie poster, and the art from the original international poster for the reverse cover.

Special features:
Audio commentary with director Joe Dante and producer Jon Davison
Behind-the-scenes footage
"The Making of Piranha" featurette with new interviews from Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Dick Miller, Belinda Balaski and many More Bloopers and outtakes
Piranha trailer with commentary by producer Jon Davison – Courtesy of Trailers from Hell
Stills gallery with photos and posters from around the world
Behind-the-scenes stills gallery featuring photos from Phil Tippett's personal collection
Additional scenes from the network television version
Radio and TV spots
New World trailers
Humanoids from the Deep

Two years after the success of Piranha, Corman and New World Pictures went back to the water and came up with Humanoids from the Deep. This movie was a box office success, but also proved unexpectedly controversial. Credited director Barbara Peters (billed as Barbara Peeters) contended that many of the film's gorier (and to some, more memorable) scenes had been added to the film after principal photography. Then the MPAA threatened to slap the film with an X rating unless some of its more shocking moments were edited down or eliminated altogether. Nevertheless, Humanoids from the Deep became one of New World Pictures' most popular releases up to that point.

Special features:
Never-before-seen deleted scenes
Trailer, TV and radio spots
Leonard Maltin's interviews with Roger Corman on the making of the film
"The Making of Humanoids From The Deep," featuring new interviews with composer James Horner, second unit/assistant director James Sbardellati, editor Mark Goldblatt and more
New World trailers