The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm 

The following article was posted on blu-ray.com. Neither I nor this website should be held accountable for any misrepresentation that the article my present: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Prowler-Blu-ray/9762/

Blue Underground released this Blu-ray of the 1981 slasher movie The Prowler (also known as Rosemary's Killer) in July completely uncut and uncensored. ...

I know I will lose my Slasher Merit badge for saying this but until today I had never seen The Prowler....and I loved it. I have no idea how this one fell off my radar. According to IMDB Friday the 13th part 2 was released in May of 1981 and The Prowler was released in November of 1981 can anyone tell me which actually came first? There were WAY to many similarities between the two movies. Also does anyone happen to have the Soundtrack or know where I can get it?

Joe/Bruce I know you get tired of me saying this but the SLASHER Genre has been grossly (pardon the pun) overlooked at the Horror Marathons

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm 

According to the IMDB forums the Name of the Band in THE PROWLER is "Nowhere fast" obviously named after their career but I would still be interested in finding these tracks from the movie if they even exist:

"A View Through a Tear"
"Hard Way"
"Disco Blood"

The band members are:
John Christian
Richard Colligan
Steven Bock
Matthew Iddings.

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:23 pm 

The Band is actually called "Nowherefast" all one word. Below is one of their songs on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylu3kryp ... re=channel

They had two albums "Rock N' Roll" and a self titled LP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 pm 

Surprised you had never seen The Prowler before. I saw it at the drive in back when it came out. Just watched my VHS of it again when my brother was on vacation while housesitting. Fun flick and done by Joe Zito who also did F13th Pt.4:The Final Chapter and Red Scorpion. He was a guest at tha Music Box Massacre in Chicago a year or two ago.
There are many slasher films that could be featured at the 24 hour Horror Marathons from The Prey to Drive In Massacre to Final Exam to The Initiation to Girls Night Out to Scream(81). That's why I wanted to show Final Exam at my Mansfield,OH marathon at the drive in cause I figured the Drexel types would never show it. There are literally 1000s of film prints to pick from for marathons so for them to keep showing the same films over and over seems a little odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:11 pm 

I was able to find Nowherefast's self titled LP. They have 3 songs listed in the credits for THE PROWLER and "View Through A Tear" is one of them which also is the only one to make it onto their self titled LP. I posted this video on youtube last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIl9OJrNmNc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 am 

Just wanted to give this tread a BUMP. I am still looking for the two songs in this movie if anyone has them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:33 pm 

Since I will be watching The Prowler Tomorrow as part of the #ApartmentOfTerror2016 event I am listening to #NoWhereFast at work today. Still have not been able to locate the 2 rare track above :evil: