The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:28 am 

A couple of years ago on 'thon Saturday we arrived in Columbus to great frustration when we realized that a running marathon was taking place that day and most of the streets were blocked. Do any of you Columbus locals know of anything like that that could cause traffic problems this coming weekend? Just want to be prepared.

Also, will there be a trailer-thon before the films, and if so, what time will that likely start?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:50 am 

I do not believe 'Race for the Cure' or anything like (5k's, 10k's or Half Thons) that is taking place this weekend...

Also, Bexley is not nearly the locale for such activities like downtown CBus is...

I think you should be all good.

Being earlier this year also helps wrt that sort of thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:04 pm 

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:29 pm 

Actually I found this. Not sure if the will get up to Main St. or not.

March 28, 2009 @ 9:00am: 3K for K-9s

3K for K-9s

Capital University’s Women in Business and Professional Careers and Zeta Pi Lambda will hold 3K for K-9s, a 3K walk or run for students, faculty, staff, family members and the Bexley community on Saturday, March 28. The walk/run around Bexley will start on Mound Street in front of The Capital Center. Parking is available in the student parking lots. Dog owners are welcome to bring their dogs along, but no pit bulls or pit bull mixes are permitted. All dogs must remain on leashes the entire time. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. The race will start at 10 and will end no later than noon. All proceeds will benefit Friends of the Shelter through the Franklin County Dog Shelter. Participants will be asked to make a minimum donation of $5 per person or $10 per family. Additional donations are welcomed. If you have any questions you can contact Ashley Caudill. You can also find our group on Facebook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:51 pm 

LOL. Of course!

I checked and didn't find anything, I apologize for my error...

Does anybody know how to get some contact information for this "Ashley Caudill" that's mentioned there?

Dennis wrote:
Actually I found this. Not sure if the will get up to Main St. or not.

March 28, 2009 @ 9:00am: 3K for K-9s

3K for K-9s

Capital University’s Women in Business and Professional Careers and Zeta Pi Lambda will hold 3K for K-9s, a 3K walk or run for students, faculty, staff, family members and the Bexley community on Saturday, March 28. The walk/run around Bexley will start on Mound Street in front of The Capital Center. Parking is available in the student parking lots. Dog owners are welcome to bring their dogs along, but no pit bulls or pit bull mixes are permitted. All dogs must remain on leashes the entire time. Registration will begin at 9 a.m. The race will start at 10 and will end no later than noon. All proceeds will benefit Friends of the Shelter through the Franklin County Dog Shelter. Participants will be asked to make a minimum donation of $5 per person or $10 per family. Additional donations are welcomed. If you have any questions you can contact Ashley Caudill. You can also find our group on Facebook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 pm 

Good thing I'm taking COTA or brave to walk down there. If I do walk I'll put my valuables in a secret place. Use your imagination.