The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:23 pm 

Well day two soon to be over. Finshed watching Swamp Thing volume one. Then watch the bread films. Yes I do have one of the DVD's.

Next I'll watched last night Heroes on Hulu.

Man this week seems to drag on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm 

The Big Finish Doctor Who's are great. At New York Comic Con I picked up Pier Pressure on CD, since Colin Baker was on-hand to sign it.

If you're into audio drama, I recommend Broken Sea Audio's Doctor Who series. A friend of mine is the upcoming companion.

http://brokensea.com/drwho/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:30 pm 

Not to get off topic, but this isn't a totally focused thread anyway. But...

That was the best episode of Heroes in a long long time. I don't think it is a coincidence that it was written by Bryan Fuller, returning from the brilliant but cancelled Pushing Daisies. Also the creator of the brilliant but short lived Wonderfalls. Maybe someday he'll catch a break.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:32 am 

Down to 3 days now.

The event is the thing.

But the schedule looks great.

Lasted 24 hours last year for the first time.

Actually 26.

Can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:50 am 

Volume 4 of Heroes is great so far. Volume two was decent and volume three was not so great.

I hope NBC will renew the season.

When I do my volunteer shift at WCRS I'll try to squeeze Spaceboy in. Tune into 102.1 and 98.3.

Well tonight is Lost. Season 5 is great so far. Like last week ending when Syiad meets Ben age 10 to 12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:19 am 

willcail wrote:
Volume 4 of Heroes is great so far. Volume two was decent and volume three was not so great.

I hope NBC will renew the season.

It's already been unofficially confirmed that there will be a Season 4, thank goodness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 am 

I mean next season. That I'll teach me to post when I'm half awake.

I'll be careful next time.

Anyway I'm headed to the WCRS studio. I try to squeeze Spaceboy again.

I'll post again when the song airs.

Well for the countdown I'll try to find New Avengers Transformers issue 3. Since the Wolverene movie and Transformers: Revenge of the Eallen are coming out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:52 am 

I’ve started the annual viewing of last year’s ‘thon flicks. Yesterday I watched Battlestar Galactica (i like this series so much better than the current one) and I am currently watching Sputnik Mania (not a huge documentary fan, but loved this one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:56 am 

Are you watching both seasons of Battlestar Galactica? Yes I'm including Galactica 1980. BTW I'm not a big fan of remakes or movies that are based on anfhjfkjdh gammemsm. (No I didn't misspelled just look at my other post about a certain movie that is based on a game I don't care for.) The Battlestar Galactica remake was well done and the story arcs was flesh out more. Plus there wasn't 30 plus years of episodes like for example of Star Trek and Doctor Who that the Battlestar Galactica remake was good for a remake. I don't know if it wise to do a reboot of the Star Trek Cannon since there are six Star Trek Series and 11 movies. Star Trek (2009) is still apart of the original cannon. It not wise.

After I leave the WCRS LPFM studios I'll watch Meet the Feebles before Lost comes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 pm 

MST3K episode: Horror of Spider Island...slotted for tomorrow night.

Throat Punches...coming along nicely, lol.

Special attire...almost acquired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 pm 

I'm not sure what is wrong with Heroes. Monday night's episode was good. The Hiro episodes generally are. The two biggest probelms for me is they sometimes paint themselves in a corner with the powers and they seem to have lost their ability to suprise me. I figured out who Rebel was weeks ago.

LOST on the other hand is really rolling. I'm still wondering about their time travel rules, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I miss BSG, I'm not sure I will enjoy Caprica. I'm still not quite sure what to make of the BSG finale. Particularly around Kara. And I kept waiting for the reveal of who the drunk driver was and that never happened. Not really important, but I expected one thing and they went a different way. They still suprised me and left me thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:51 pm 

Spaceboy will air around 6:55PM to 7PM, at 8:55 to 9PM, and 12:55PM to sign off. On 102.1/98.3 WCRS LPFM, http://www.wcrsfm.org

Well Lost Time Travel rules that the Island (OK I'm using Faraday explanation as a base.) is like a record (or vinyl CD for the younger crowd) the Island was skipping through time periods. After Lock fix it locks into the timeline where the Dharma Initiative and the others (or the indigenous people) are on the Island. I'm guessing that since Sawyer, Lock, Jin, are part of the core group then I'm guessing that Kate, Hurley, Jack are directly tied to them. That's my guess.

Well good that you're practicing your punches. I would re frame myself making a comment about stains and licking. Fill in your own comments here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 pm 

Dennis wrote:
I'm not sure what is wrong with Heroes. Monday night's episode was good. The Hiro episodes generally are. The two biggest probelms for me is they sometimes paint themselves in a corner with the powers and they seem to have lost their ability to suprise me. I figured out who Rebel was weeks ago.

LOST on the other hand is really rolling. I'm still wondering about their time travel rules, but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I miss BSG, I'm not sure I will enjoy Caprica. I'm still not quite sure what to make of the BSG finale. Particularly around Kara. And I kept waiting for the reveal of who the drunk driver was and that never happened. Not really important, but I expected one thing and they went a different way. They still suprised me and left me thinking.

It is difficult to pinpoint what is "wrong" with Heroes. "Lost their ability to surprise me" is a good and apt description. Though, I did enjoy how Hiro (partially) got his powers back.
With the noteable exceptions of Hiro&Ando, Sylar, and HRG, the mediocre-at-best cast has a difficult time overcoming occasionally poorly scripted dialogue.

The way I describe it too my wife is that the show is good, but not as good as it thinks it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:39 pm 

Well Heroes is still a lot better than ST The Next Generation.

Soon to be 48 hours to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:35 am 

Mostly with Heroes it's "Yeah, I've seen all these stories in X-Men or other comics"...