The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 pm 

I'll give you two more possibilities:

Noon: War Of The Worlds
2pm: TBA Feature #10
5pm: Endhiran
9pm: Lunopolis
11pm: Troll Hunter
1am: Cargo
3am: Planet Of The Vampires
5am: Iron Man
8am: Late For Dinner
10am: Buckaroo Banzai

or

Noon: Iron Man
230pm: Lunopolis
430pm: Troll Hunter
630pm: Buckaroo Banzai
9pm: Endhiran
1230am: Cargo
3am: TBA Feature #10
6am: Late For Dinner
8am: Planet Of The Vampires
10am: War Of The Worlds

With the usual costume contests and shorts added in too to account for the additional time here or there.

Iron Man could also be a good closing movie, as its bright and fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:49 pm 

I'm really excited for the lineup this year, aside from IRON MAN. The premieres all look to be worthwhile and you really can't go wrong with Bava and BUCKAROO BANZAI. I didn't make it to the marathon last year, so I'm pumped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:28 pm 

I am excited about the WHOLE lineup! But I am most excited to see the original War of the Worlds on the big screen! That would be epic! Love the classic sci-fi! This is going to be a fun marathon!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am 

How about scheduling Endhiran at noon or around 2pm? Then put Late for Dinner around dinner?

It is possible to schedule one more film. I'm concerned about the runtime. In recent years the marathon(s) was behind schedule due to a lot of factors. Jason X is under 90 minutes and trim down on the trailers then it might end at noon.

How about a hour of science fiction-fantasy shorts instead of trying to squeeze in one more film. The block consist of the regular shorts of Spaceboy, the Bread shorts, Godzilla vs Bambi, and possibility Gravity. Then get some other shorts to fill in the rest of the hour.

Last edited by willcail on Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 am 

Glad to see I'm not the only one (besides Tim) who is still kinda hoping for Jason X...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 8:43 pm 

Jason X!!! We must, I say, must play it at SF28!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:38 pm 

SPOILER ALERT:

When Cyber Jason was in virtual Camp Crystal Lake and killing those virtual campers sums up series in 30 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:38 am 

Today Troll Hunter is now available ON DEMAND. Is it still accurate to label Troll Hunter a Ohio Premier? I'm considering watching the movie around dinner time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 am 

willcail wrote:
Today Troll Hunter is now available ON DEMAND. Is it still accurate to label Troll Hunter a Ohio Premier? I'm considering watching the movie around dinner time.

You want to watch a movie you know you're going to see in 2 weeks, tonight? Why? I'd say keep it a surprise for the marathon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:06 pm 

Since we don't know when The Troll Hunter going to be schedule in the lineup, I don't want to fall asleep and miss it.

SPOILER ALERT on FILMING Technique:

This is a found footage film. There are several scenes that feature shaky nighttime filming with night vision. For people who can't stomach this technique. NOTE I DID NOT DO A PLOT SPOILER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:09 pm 

willcail wrote:
Since we don't know when The Troll Hunter going to be schedule in the lineup, I don't want to fall asleep and miss it.

you could always just wait for the schedule to be announced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:10 pm 

Troll Hunter could be schedule around very late at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:42 pm 

For all you doubters and worry-warts, I will assure you that Endhiran is three hours of AWESOME! It's in two parts (with an intermission, similar to the one in Holy Grail). The first half is kind of Sci Fi/Romantic Comedy. The second half is a Sci Fi/Action film. And it's pretty great the whole way through. It is subtitles, though there is a great deal of English sprinkled throughout. There are several song/dance numbers, but not as many as you'd expect. And they're all pretty great too. I've been told to view the musical numbers as the Bollywood replacement for sex scenes. It kind of makes sense when you watch the movie to mentally insert a sex scene for each one.

This film may end up being a nap or dinner break movie for me, but only because I just saw it a couple of months ago. But for those of you who haven't seen it yet, I would suggest you give it a chance. I enjoyed it tons and tons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:00 pm 

I want to see this movie, just concern about the runtime.

I just. Check my email and according to the SF 28 email from the powers at be they are looking to get one or two more films. Just get one more IMO. Due to the most recent years when the marathon(s) tend to get behind in the schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 am 

Just finished reading the official FB page of SF 28 they posted a new film title Revenant. It is a zombie film. So here is the current breakdown:

2 horror 1 romantic comedy, 1 Bollywood musical, and 6 straight science fiction movies. 60 percent of the lineup is straight scifi. Or 70 per cent if you include the Bollywood musical.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next