The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm 

Anyone else here keep checking in multiple times a day for any new info or am I the only geek? This time of year, I always want to watch sci-fi movies at home, but I don't want to watch something that has a good chance of playing next month so I often watch stuff from the last 5 years. Getting antsy, especially since I missed last year's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:01 pm 

Yep, I check an awful lot this time of year too. I'll check for the next 5-7 weeks, as even after an actual date is announced, I'll be looking for a film lineup and other such info.

Then I'll give this forum a break for a few months before checking for horror marathon info in late summer/fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:57 pm 

According to the rumors that the possible date is the 9-10 of April. If this is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:04 am 

I love rumors!
Facts can be so misleading. Rumors, whether they be true or false, are often revealing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 am 

I check the site at least once a day, everyday, 365 days a years :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:22 am 

I have a set of sites that automatically appear in tabs whenever I start my browser. I periodically close my web browser, and re-open it during the day, just to refresh all of 'em.

This message board is one of 'em. So, I look in on the site at least 3-4 times just about every day except weekends. And at least once a day then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:46 pm 

PLEASE SOME NEWS! ! ! ! ! Any news.

I need to make plans to accommodate going. I have April cleared but there is one weekend in May I will not be able to work around. I only missed one year since year 3 and don't want to miss another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:25 pm 

I'm speculating that the Science Fiction Marathon won't happen this year. No announcements from the planners, the Drexel under new owners, and in my opinion if there. Isn't any news this week I'm going to write this year off.

Bruce, Jen, or anyone who is involved running the SF marathon please some news I can't keep putting off my spring vacation week off any further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

Honestly, if we had anything to report we'd post it ... but we're still waiting on Bruce and Jeff to work out the details. The changeover of the theater has, of course, complicated the process but Bruce has promised me he'd let us know as soon as he has something finalized.

Wish I had a better answer for you, but that's all I've gotten so far. The instant we know, we'll be broadcasting it far-and-wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:14 pm 

Well, honestly that is something at least. It's a "We're still moving forward to try to have it this year, date still TBD."

That's at least better than "It ain't happening this year."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 pm 

I'd be happy right now with a list of dates it isn't going to be. I have a project we're trying to schedule toward the end of April or early May. At the moment, I can't commit to a schedule since I don't know when the marathon is. The marathon is more important than this project, but I'd still like to do both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 pm 

willcail wrote:
I'm speculating that the Science Fiction Marathon won't happen this year.

If they knew for a fact that it wasn't going to happen at all this year, I really think Bruce and Co would tell us.

We've heard that theaters don't want to have the marathon in the summer because that's when all the big-$$$ movies hit. Obviously that would be the case for a lot of the bigger theaters the marathon has been at, but is it still true for the one in Bexley?

I'm just wondering if the marathon might get pushed back into what's traditionally called the summer movie season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 am 

After that post that Mr Neff I feel a little better. The Drexel and the other small movie theaters have other commitments they have to fulfill. I'm worried that when it comes to late spring early summer their won't be room. For example if the Drexel book X film and it needs to be screen X amount of times and they need theater one to fulfill that need then it would be hard to hold a 24 hour science fiction marathon.

I still hope it will happen late spring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:08 pm 

I know everyone out there is channeling their inner Eisenberg from the final shot of The Social Network, so I wanted to cheer everyone up.

Cheer up, people! It's Friday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:59 am 

As the Drexel Theater announce the date for SF28 now I wait for the website to be updated with tickets prices, movie lineup and other information. For example will there be the traditional SF concessions and Cafe specials? Since SF 28 is in spring so hopefully it won't rain.