The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Three days to go
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:02 am 

As it is three days until SF28 and or the end of the world Here is some thoughts about this year's marathon.

As I've my doubts that this year SF marathon will happen, I'm glad that the new owners decided to continue all of the Drexel traditions. Thank you to Bruce, Joe, Jen, Jeff, all of the staff of the Drexel and for people who keep buying the tickets to keep this thing going.

Yes the lineup is premier heavy, but the slate of movies like Lunaopolis, Cargo, The People vs George Lucas IMO won't have a proper run here in columbus. I do hope the George Lucas doc will include the SW holiday special. (Hey the Leonard Nimoy singing that Bilbo Baggins song is worse) Hope Cargo will be correctly framed. Will yet again be drinking during Spaceboy and yet again laughing hysterically. Spaceboy is one of the funniest comedy shorts I've ever seen. Hoped to see Gravity and all of the usual trailers.

As always dress for weather, bathe and wear clean clothes, buy from the concessions, pick up after yourself, be nice to one another we are going to be in the same theater for 24 hours.

See you in line around 6:15AM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:20 am 

Yes, PLEASE everyone, bathe, wash your hair, wear deodorant in spades, and WEAR CLEAN CLOTHES.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:11 pm 

And, NOW is the time to start prepping for real to stay awake during ALL 24 HOURS!

My guide:

http://www.scifimarathon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=823

Also, have a look at the interview and article which I co-wrote with GIANT GILA MONSTER star Don Sullivan - and, drop a note on what you thought:

http://www.scifimarathon.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=1144

Have fun folks! I wish things had worked out differently, and I was heading out there myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:05 am 

The final day before the marathon. I've got my laundry washed, cash for the concessions, pack my bag and don't forget the ID just in case if I get carded. I've only gotten 2 hours of sleep last night. So I'll be able to sleep from 8PM to 4AM. Or try to get some sleep.

I can't wait to see Endhiran, Cargo, and The People VS George Lucas.

I did see the SF28 ad on page 10 of The Other Paper. It looks great.