The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:16 am 

bar2b2 wrote:
you mean the lumpy bumpy part of town?

Well, at least I know you're listening. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:49 am 

The breaks could be ajusted if the thon is running behind schedule. Some people don't want to miss out on the shorts/trailers.

Post subject: Breaks can get long
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:25 pm 

When there has been a long break and I did not want to get food or go to the bathroom, it got boring very quickly. I prefer to use the time when there is something showing that I'm not interested in to eat or sleep or whatever. Last year's "Batman" serials provided more than enough time to eat and whatever. As long as I don't miss "Gravity", I'm satisfied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:27 am 

Why would you want to miss out the fool (me) who laughing his head off during Spaceboy? Can't help it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:37 pm 

Ah, SPACEBOY. It will be a sad day, indeed, when the print of SPACEBOY completely falls apart.

Bruce, have you looked into having it transferred to digital for future marathoids to "enjoy"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:06 am 

It will be hailarous if there was a new print of Spaceboy for the thon. I wouldn't mind if they clean up the print and put it on a DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:49 am 

carter9000 wrote:
IMHOP.

You guys complain about the number of features. Over at the Boston Bizzaro World Marathon board we complain about ticket prices.
It's always something.

At least we all enjoy pancakes. But are you syrup or honey people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:10 pm 

Syrup. True maple syrup. Not that crap processed fake bull, but the real deal. Ain't nothing like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:35 pm 

Personally, I vote for original Log Cabin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:34 pm 

I prefer the real syrup myself preferably warmed a bit. I hates cold syrup on a warm pancake. Also, please use the soft butter that melts easily all over the pancake.

And yes our ticket prices in Boston are way too high. However, we do generally squeeze in more features with less filler. In fact some of us would prefer to have a few more trailers and oddball stuff. However, no full serials unless you expand the thon accordingly. They eat up way too much time..... Now the serial worked perfectly at the 36 hour thon that we had to celebrate SF10.....

Also, do you folks use 16mm? I am sure that this has been asked and answered but I am kinda new here. Some of us would like to expand the Boston thon to include 16mm but we would have to rent a 16mm projector, the theater does not currently screen 16mm. There is also talk about use of DVD projection but this is a hotly argued alternative. Basically, some of us want to access older films not readily found on 35mm. 16mm prints abound and would open up the field....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:39 am 

Quote:
Also, do you folks use 16mm? I am sure that this has been asked and answered but I am kinda new here. Some of us would like to expand the Boston thon to include 16mm but we would have to rent a 16mm projector, the theater does not currently screen 16mm. There is also talk about use of DVD projection but this is a hotly argued alternative. Basically, some of us want to access older films not readily found on 35mm. 16mm prints abound and would open up the field....

I don't know about the 16mm, seeing how I'm really not technically savy when it comes to anything regarding film projection. But we have used a DVD projector a number of times to run fan and short films, special interviews like the ones we had for Kevin McCarthy and Anne Francis, as well as the showing of the pilot for the Max Headroom series at last year's thon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:30 am 

16MM? that is interesting. If they are any one who have Super 16MM films (1.66:1 aspect ratio) Or how about anamorphic 16MM movies? or anyone have a 16MM projector with an anamorphic projection lenes? At one of the horror thon at Studio 35 they did show Dawn of the Dead on 16MM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:12 pm 

No 16mm, or at least they didn't have 16mm when they were at the arena grand theater, now that they have moved, I don't know, but I doubt it. Back in the original Drexel North days, they did show some 16mm, and I think when they moved to the Ohio Theater, they had 16 capabilities there. The new theaters just aren't set up for it. Cleveland does 16, but Cleveland is Cleveland. Only the brave can survive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:12 pm 

On the topic of syrup...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/09/AR2007030900713.html