The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:
Hey, can we get back to talking about Serbian Film, please?

It was better than Cats! I loved it!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 am 

Joe Neff wrote:

You mean A Serbian Film is a possibility to be shown at the Sci-Fi Marathon this year? Awesome!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:27 pm 

Not that I believe everything I read, but this article says that Battle Royale will be shown at this year's Sci-Fi Marathon, which will take place on April 21st. Any truth to this? :o

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/16 ... rical-tour

Hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag here... But apparently Anchor Bay thinks this is happening and they're announcing it publicly. So if it's not true, someone's going to have to dispute it officially. If it is true, then it's time for us to know about it, right?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm 

I can't wait to see Battle Royale on the big Screen, Great first pick Bruce keep up the good work!!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8211

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:13 am 

Tickets?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:00 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:

I really want to see the prequel, A Yugoslavian Film. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:27 pm 

Joe Neff wrote:

Any chance of a Serbian Film Live Performance like you did with GRAVITY???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:24 pm 

so who will volunteer a child for the child rape scene?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:45 am 

willcail wrote:

I was thinking Joe would be the child

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:49 pm 

Joe have to get rid of his facial hair to look the part.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 am 

willcail wrote:

Why don't we hire that one dwarf with the red hair and blue eyes from that zombie film that showed at a horror marathon a while back. Remember? He had a scene where he bit off his mother's nipple LOL Wait....I'll get the title of it at Miko Macabre's website, http://www.cryptiquetv.com/ (AWESOME!!!! site by the way. Everyone here should definitely check it out. Sadly, Miko quit doing this :( ...... ) Okay, got the title of that movie. BURIAL GROUND!!!! OH MAN, I could NOT remember it LOL Anyway, let's hire that dwarf or etc. to be the child. Or Dick Clark, since he IS the world's oldest teenager.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 am 

Don't you mean a little person?

I just got a copy of Cyborg. it is pure 1980's cheese. it is now one of my faveorite science fiction comedies. Try to get that film.

Since this thread have slighty gone of the rails, let me make an attempt to put it back on track.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Hardware Wars

Robot Chicken third Star Wars Special

Aqua Teen Hunger Force The Movie

Space Battleship Yomato live action movie. I've imported the DVD from OZ. Yes I do have a region free DVD player using a HDMI cable so no issues with the video. Same goes for my Mac Mini optical drive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:07 am 

willcail wrote:
Don't you mean a little person?

Yes. I just didn't know what to say. I didn't want to sound rude. About Aqua Teen Hunger Force, I really don't see WHY that show is so popular. It has NO PLOT. It's not even one of those "It's so bad, it's good" ideas like in "Troll 2". It's just BAD...Okay, I WILL admit: The Tera Patrick episode was awesome LOL and the Christmas episode(s?) was, in the words of Carl, "FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!", but other than that, what do any of the characters actually DO? There's no plot development, no character development, nothing. Just a bunch of mysterious food items arguing with their neighbor Carl and often meeting other mysterious creatures. There's NEVER any questions answered as to who/what/when/where/why/how in the HECK these food items are alive and how they have these powers. I am beginning to wonder if the makers of this show are sober when they make it. This isn't exactly a spoiler, but, the ONLY good part of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie, is the opening intro. FREAKIN' LEGENDARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! EVERY single action, horror, sci fi, fantasy and comedy film should start like that!! Speaking of [adult swim], it's too bad the Tinfins movie mentioned in an episode of "Sealab 2021" isn't a REAL movie. We could show THAT!! :D I don't care what anyone says, Sealab 2021 is the best show on [adult swim]. When you mentioned this forum going off track, I hope I'm not the cause of this. :( Anywho...

I got more ideas for the marathon:

The Man Who Fell To Earth
TerrorVision
The Deadly Spawn (can't remember if I already mentioned that...)
Naked Blood (I guess it could be considered sci fi)
Hardware
Tetsuo: The Iron Man (a certain Black Sabbath song is coming to mind...)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:56 pm 

Aqua Teen Hunger Force origin story is the movie. The Aqua Teen's were created by Dr Weird. The show is like a eleven minute Monty Python cartoon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:03 am 

GENTLEMAN!!!! lol

One of the movies that I mentioned for consideration is "Solarbabies". I used to watch it on HBO when I was a kid. Think "Rollerball" combined with "The Road Warrior". As everyone on this forum can probably tell, I am a HUUUUUGE fan of 80's horror and sci fi films. In my opinion, they are the BEST horror and sci fi movies. The 1980's were a time when movies were MOVIES, and not cheap knock offs/remakes/reboots/reimaginings/video game to movie adaptations/rehashings of old tv shows/etc. made just to make a buck. You can tell that 80's horror and sci fi movies were made with a PASSION, and that is what is severely lacking in today's films. It's SOOOO easy for anyone involved in the movie making business to just whip up a CGI creature here and there. Just ask Syfy. That doesn't make a movie worth watching. 80's horror and sci fi films were done because the people involved cared about what they were doing. Nowadays, it's all about money. It's ironic. As much as I hate Syfy, I heard a really great quote from watching it recently. (I watch it because I don't have a DVR box and my selection of channels isn't that great.) The quote I heard is "The best movie monsters are ALWAYS handmade!". The SciFi channel used to be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The best show to ever air on Syfy was a show called "Exposure". Everyone here should seriously check that show out, if you can. It may be very hard to find as it hasn't aired on television (to my knowledge) in a long time. "Exposure" was a bunch of short stories compiled together. Some were horror, others were sci fi, but all of them were just so much fun to watch. They even had a Star Wars episode with all Star Wars skits. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244342/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next