The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:50 pm 

David2012 wrote:
GENTLEMAN!!!! lol

One of the movies that I mentioned for consideration is "Solarbabies". I used to watch it on HBO when I was a kid. Think "Rollerball" combined with "The Road Warrior".

Fun Movie and a "Lost Boys" Cast reunion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:46 am 

Another idea for a possible premiere (Columbus premiere at least). Though it may not be "Sci-Fi Enough" for certain people, it does have Eva Green and Matt "Doctor Who" Smith. And there are no Nazis in it as far as I know... :wink:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=52738

Looks pretty creepy, doesn't it? Again... just a suggestion.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:21 am 

Matt Smith the worst person to play the Doctor? Colin Baker did a better Job. Pass.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 pm 

That sounds like a decent enough movie. Probably more of a thriller than sci-fi and I doubt it'll show up at our marathon, but I'd certainly watch it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm 

Time Freak was an Oscar nominated short this year. Nice filler.

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:56 am 

willcail wrote:
Matt Smith the worst person to play the Doctor? Colin Baker did a better Job. Pass.

Well, next time Colin Baker does a movie, I'll be sure to recommend that one. Until then... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:08 pm 

Hayden Christensen make movies as well. I put most of the blame on Mr. Moffett who is a good wirter but never should have put in charge as showrunner. Matt Smith have to work with rubbish scripts with the exception of The Death of the Doctor witch is written by RTD. The fifth series was decient, the six series Moffett was trying to hard to be RTD and it was a failure. I hope series seven won't be botched. if it doesn't include any past companions from the classic series then he needs to replaced. Series Six Cyberman story was one of the worst. it makes Attack of the Cyberman look good. He needs to cut out the solo Doctor stories. These are the worst.

I wish the BBC do a few seasons of Doctor Who with Paul Mcgan leading to the Time Wars.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 am 

Yeah, once again you have missed the point in the most astounding way possible. I wasn't aware this was a thread on the quality of Doctor Who. And since I don't believe that every film I suggest has to obtain your personal seal of approval, I will decline to carry the argument any further. Whether or not they want to show the film is up to the organizers - I was merely pointing out that it exists. Don't shoot the messenger. Next time I suggest a premiere I'll make sure it has nothing to do with anything you know anything about, just to avoid your nonsense arguments. Since they will obviously NEVER STOP.

Now let's get back on topic, PLEASE.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 am 

willcail:
"An American Werewolf in London would be great. It would't surprise me that the only available prints would be from that awful remake."

Do you mean this movie?

http://www.impawards.com/1997/posters/a ... r1_xlg.jpg

This movie isn't a remake. It's a sequel. Speaking of sequels, "The Karate Kid" (2010) is NOT a remake, it is a sequel. Like with the case of "An American Werewolf In Paris", when you change something drastic, such as the location of the movie, or the actual martial art that a student learns in the movie (which is wrongly named IN THE TITLE OF THE MOVIE!!!!!!), it's not a remake, its' a sequel. I hope I have been of some help. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 pm 

I thought you want to get back to the topic at hand. By the way The Karate Kid 2012 is a remake. Variety states that The Karate Kid 2012 is a remake not a sequel. Variety is a trade paper that knows more about the movie business. An American Werewolf in Paris is a sequel I give you that.

Now can we get back to the list?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:57 am 

I still say that Seven is a remake of The Abominable Dr. Phibes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 pm 

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:12 am 

willcail wrote:
By the way The Karate Kid 2012 is a remake. Variety states that The Karate Kid 2012 is a remake not a sequel. Variety is a trade paper that knows more about the movie business.

I'm sorry everybody to go off topic, but The Karate Kid "remake" didn't come out in 2012. It came out in 2010. Also, of course Variety would say that. It's obvious that it's a "remake" in the film maker's eyes. I mean, it's in the title, but for the record, just because some magazine says it, does that make it true? I suppose that means that all newspapers, news programs, advertisements, etc. are completely true, too. You don't think that the press and the media lie to people? I just don't see HOW "The Karate Kid" (2010) is a remake when the boy in it learns Kung Fu, NOT karate. The original didn't take place in China and Daniel didn't study Kung Fu. The movie title is stupid because it says that ALL martial arts are "karate". NOT TRUE. There is kung fu, jiujitsu, judo, ninjitsu, sumo, aikido, muay thai, etc. I STRONGLY disagree with Variety, whoever named "The Karate Kid" (2010), and anyone else that believes this movie is a remake. It's a sequel, not a remake. I don't care what they say, just like I refuse to believe that "The Strangers" is not a remake of "Ils" a.k.a. Them. Watch both of those movies back to back and TELL ME The Strangers isn't a remake of it. Anywho, I really didn't mean to offend anyone by going off topic. I'll stop. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:20 pm 

How about calling The Karate Kid 2010 a crappy movie that sully the classic film?

I would like to see a Robot Chicken take of Dawn of the Dead using chickens.

Since the date is set for the 19th here is some more.

The documentry known as Highlander.
Carnosuar
Cube or Cube Zero
Strange Invaders
Heavenly Creatures
How about SW Episode One to mock!
Star Trek First Contact the only good thing that comes out of the TGN cannon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:50 pm 

I like the Robot Chicken/Dawn of the Dead idea. Another great idea is to remake "Night Of The Living Dead", "Dawn Of The Dead" and "Day Of The Dead" where everything would be the exact same, but instead of zombies, BREAD!

'Why do these pieces of bread come here?'
'Who knows, memory? Instinct, maybe? Maybe they're coming to put US in a toaster for once.'

I really love sci fi shorts. I would love to see more of those in the marathons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next