The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:17 pm 

L.A. Connection wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er6RLuqVluc
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!!
LA CONN.,
Met you once, at the Boston Fest, where we saw this Rhino dung.
HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

:mrgreen:

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:01 am 

Note the date of my post.

:wink: :wink:

But, folks. DO check out the Trailer in the link. THEN you'll know what all the caterwauling was about in Boston.

pogo wrote:
L.A. Connection wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er6RLuqVluc
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!!
LA CONN.,
Met you once, at the Boston Fest, where we saw this Rhino dung.
HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:26 am 

WOW thats bad. I rather have that tasteless pro Nazi space abortion called Iron Sky screen instead. There are better abortions er I mean debacles to screen. Another screening of Automatons will be better. Automatons is a better film than Forklore and Iron Sky.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 am 

Time Travel is always a great theme. Imagine the joy of watching "The Time Machine" (1960) on the big screen...or the awful made for TV version from 1980's. "Time after Time", any of the 3 "Back to the Future" films. "Timecop" or "Timerider".

Plus the "Final Countdown". Man, I just thought of that and I would LOVE to see that one again. "Time bandits" satisfies so many requirements for a marathon film....(Sean Connery, David Warner, John Cleese, Michael Palin, directed by Terry Gilliam, etc etc).

Anyways...looking forward to another great marathon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:45 am 

Wasn't there was a time travel movie that feature a guy with a stache going back to the puritans days?

Time Chasers as seen on MS3K
Time Rider
Dr Who and the Daleks
Dr Who Dalek Invasion 2150 AD
Warlock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:36 pm 

I think this year should be a "Back to basics" marathon year. By this I mean lets see some good old fashion classics from the 80's, 70's, and older. I think we have forgot are way and lost site of where we began. Time to do a reset. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 am 

Good luck in finding a legit copies of any of the original Star Wars trilogy pre 1997.

Since Zardoz was released in the 1970's that could fall under the Back to Basics criteria.

Outlaw the space prision flick could work as well.

In my opinion that there are good science fiction films from every era. Shouldn't limited to the 1980's and earlier. That would be a mistake. I want to see premires at the thon. There are some good science fiction films that are made today that doesn't have distrobution. Late last year I saw that Time Warner Cable at a limited time was offering Man on a Mission. That documentray first screened at the science fiction marathon two three years ago!

How about just have Science Fiction films from the 1990's to present day?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 pm 

Just saw a trailer for this one today on boingboing.net. It could definitely be fun! BACK TO SPACE-CON http://youtu.be/F3F46V4Mzy8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:42 pm 

Back to Space Con could work. I just got a copy of A Trip to the Moon on Blu Ray. How about trying to get the rights to screen the newly restore hand color version of said film. For a 110 year old film looks good in high def. It was about ten years since the black and white version of A Trip to the Moon screened at the Science Fiction Marathon.

The fully restore print of Metropolis.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:24 am 

Well if we are going to call it a SCI-FI con we have to take that which came before and that which is about to be. It is just that I have noticed a want to only see shows of today mostly, which I must say make me sad. I really like the movies of old and would like to see a few of those this year. King of the Rocketmen, Radar Men from the Moon, Old Buck Rodgers, maybe even a few Blake 7 episodes ore even Doctor Who. Then some new shows or movies mixed in for colour. But these are just my opinions and wishes and not meant to harp on the marathon, just a wish of mine.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:48 am 

Currently the US rights to Blake's 7 is in limbo. I still want to see a screening of the Doctor Who telefilm. Just to remind people that the 8th Doctor is cannon and what took place in the movie is cannon. According to RTD that the old lady in the End of Time episode is suppose to be his mother, his human mother.

Here is some more

Cyborg Cop. Yes the head punching scene should go well with the marathon crowd.

SSSSS A mad scientist turn his daughter's boyfriend into a snake.

Laserblast.

Monthra the 1990's version

Gamera the original black and white film

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:09 pm 

Love the idea of a classic Dr Who story! Since the episodes were ciffhangers...show the entire first Who adventure with Hartnell and his granddaughter Susan kidnapping her teachers and traveling back to the cavemen days...one segment every few hours. It would be good for the new Who fans to see some of the early ones.

Plus a few classics from the 50' thru the 70's:
Invaders from Mars
Attack of the 50 foot Woman
Corman's Death Race 2000
Battle Beyond the Stars
The Time Machine
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (late 1979 so still in topic)

plus newer stuff (with a hint of comedy)...
Paul
Galaxy Quest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:05 pm 

The last time that Star Trek TMP screened was in 2007. IMO it is too soon to screen it again.

Wish the lost Japan King Kong fllm from the 1930's was found.

The Wild Wild Planet

Redline anime

Cinderella 2000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 pm 

willcail wrote:
Good luck in finding a legit copies of any of the original Star Wars trilogy pre 1997.

Unless you own a laserdisc player or can stand watching an old VHS tape good luck with that. But I think Star Wars is a special case where we should embrace the bootleg. There's a pretty awesome 720p version of the "Despecialized" version version out there. I think since Lucas has refused to make a legitimate release out of it, then we should buy as many bootlegs as we want (because I think every single person would go for their 25th dip and buy a legit copy even if they owned a bootleg. But the SOB won't even consider and respect his fans that much after they've given him tens of billions of dollars. After owning VHS and 2 different laserdisc versions and the DVD box set and then even the 6 film, 9 disc blu-ray version, I think George Lucas should have the courtesy to make a decent, widescreen, HD version of the original (warts and all) versions available to me and the millions of fans out there. Having a bootleg of them wouldn't stop most fans from rebuying them if Lucas released legit versions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 am 

Meatfetish,

The original pre 1997 trilogy does exsit on DVD. These are the non anamorphic laserdisc transfers. These were stand alone releases of the original trilogy where disc one was the special edition and disc two was the original.

GL lawyers will rain down on the Drexel suing the theater to the point of bankruptcy and the possiblity suing Bruce and might bring criminal charges as well. This could end the science fiction marathon. Do you really want that? I don't like the changes in the original trilogy but I don't codone stealing of any kind. If GL wants to make changes to his films that is his right.

I did notice that the Wexner suppose to have Carrie Fisher the same weekend as the Science Fiction Marathon. Is there a slim chance to get her to make a quick appearence?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next