The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:36 pm 

There was the Jason X April Fool's prank.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 pm 

Can someone confirm or deny Battle Royale for the marathon? I try to avoid watching movies that are likely to play in the months before a marathon. I've really been wanting to see it lately. I want to see it in the theater soon if it is not playing at the marathon. I can wait if it is. I don't want to wait and miss seeing it in the theater for nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 pm 

I think you guys should be worried about whether there truly will be a marathon this year, let alone what movies may or may not be showing. The date was announced weeks ago, and since then absolutely nothing.

Four weeks is now an extremely tight window, with no tickets on sale and absolutely no advertising. It's really sad and frustrating going through this year after year.

I am now hoping for an early confirmation of the return of Joe's Horror Marathon this fall with a lockdown date. It was nice having information (including a full third of the lineup) at the time of the SciFi Marathon last year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:01 pm 

I do hope there will be annoucement next week. I too find it strange that the tickets are not on sale yet. I've gotten my ticket for Stephanie Miller stand up two weeks ago and her date here in Columbus is August 18. Her tour is better run than the local Ohio Science Fiction Marathon in the pass three years. Is this a new trend to phase out the Science Fiction Marathon? The Grandview could be a better venue for both Marathons. Single screen don't have to worry about time constrants. Maybe it is time for the Science Fiction Marathon and the Drexel to take a break from each other and let the Grandview have the SF marathon for a few years.

Please prove me wrong and annouce the tickets next week.