The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:44 am 

Drexel went non com last year. They aren't in a captialist mood as of right now. As a not for profit the theater just need enough,green to say in the black.

BTW when will the tickets go on sale?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:49 pm 

I'm not 100% certain yet that I'll be able to attend, either. I'm gonna work on it, and see if I can get free that weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:54 am 

VitruvianZeke wrote:

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:31 pm

I have been authorized by The Powers That Be to announce that the OFFICIAL DATE for the next sci-fi marathon has been finalized.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have seen the future of Science Fiction and it is ...

MAY 19-20th, 2012 at the DREXEL THEATER

I have absolutely nothing else official to tell you at this time regarding the lineup, prices, quantum physics, or the price of tea in China. But, I can promise you that as we continue forward all that sort of information and more will begin falling into place.

Okay, it's been nearly a month (4 weeks precisely) since the date was announced, and we're now only about a month away (5 weeks exactly) (ain't I a stinker?) from the marathon.

We really ought to be hearing something about ticket sales soon, I would hope. I've got a couple new folks lined up for the marathon this year, but I'm afraid I'll lose them if we can't finalize our plans soon.

Anyways, if we don't hear something in the next week, I'm going to start going all chicken little.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 pm 

Same here my brother inlaw is in Philly but is interested in coming out. I wish I had something to tell him...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:32 pm 

In my opinion that it wouldn't surprise me it should be at the last week of April. Two weeks or a week before the marathon is when the schedule be posted.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:00 pm 

If you can't wait, the Marvel Avenger films marathon has expanded to Cleveland and elsewhere. See the Camera Obscura thread.

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 am 

Looks like I'll be able to make it, after all! Yay! See you all there!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:01 pm 

Just talked a long term Cleveland Marathon attendee to go with me to Columbus, so the two of us will be driving down.
Any chance that it will be sold out? Asking because don't want to buy tickets ahead unless really necessary as a family emergency (83 year old stepmom) could come up.
Also, how far ahead do they let people come in? I am not fussy about seating, but am willing to get there early if needed to insure some choice.
Cheers from Cleveland.

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:33 am 

It's not very likely that tickets will sell out in advance. That used to be the case once, but it hasn't been a serious risk in several years.

It varies from year to year - some years we've been let into the theatre as early as 10:30. Other years, it's been noon on the dot before they let us in. If you show up by 9, you'll be close enough to the front of the line to have some say in where you sit.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:36 am 

The die hards will get there before seven am. Heck wouldn't be surprise if people camp overnight. I'll be there around six thirty am.

A suggestion Pogo, if you get to the Drexel early try to get seats that are close to the theater wall. For the past two years I gotten one of these seats. You don't have to worry about people spilling food and drink.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:11 pm 

Thanks for the advice AE &WC.
Don't know my fellow traveler's schedule, but if it's up to me I'll probably get there at about 10:00.
I tend to like either aisle seats or something that allows me to get up without disturbing others. I can get restless.
In Cleveland I am a very early arriver so that I can get prime sleeping bag space on the stage. Not a Columbus option.
See ya.
Cheers from Cleveland.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 pm 

scottcoz wrote:
Looks like I'll be able to make it, after all! Yay! See you all there!

Awesome!!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 am 

There are a few qurestions that I have that it isn't listed on the main page FAQ.

Consessions: Due to the closing of The Radio Cafe will the powers at be work out some sort of deal to have pizza or subs delivered to the theater? Besides the normal bottomless soda and popcorn any other science fiction marathon consessions?

T Shirts and Hoodies. What will be this year's t shirt and hoodie graphic? Is it going to be associate with the twenty fifth anniversity of the Science Fiction Marathon?

Are there plans to acknowledge the twenty fifth anniversity of the first Science Fiction Marathon?