The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

The aptly named, "Sir Not Appearing In This Marathon"

I have been authorized by The Powers That Be to announce that the OFFICIAL DATE for the next sci-fi marathon has been finalized.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have seen the future of Science Fiction and it is ...

MAY 19-20th, 2012 at the DREXEL THEATER

I have absolutely nothing else official to tell you at this time regarding the lineup, prices, quantum physics, or the price of tea in China. But, I can promise you that as we continue forward all that sort of information and more will begin falling into place.

Joe should be posting something via Twitfacebookter soon, but assuming we heard him correctly this is the date.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:19 pm 

According to the internet The current price of tea in China is: € 22680.4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Jaws3dfan wrote:
According to the internet The current price of tea in China is: € 22680.4

Perhaps ... but I have nothing official to say about this. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:36 pm 

Awesome. Time to start spreading the news.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:27 pm 

About time. Hopefully that Battle Royale still makes it. Will you still book Slither and not screen it?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

willcail wrote:
About time. Hopefully that Battle Royale still makes it. Will you still book Slither and not screen it?

Hey, we've got to keep some traditions. ;)

I get the feeling that Battle Royale is pretty much a guarantee (so much so that I almost used an image still from it for the announcement), but Bruce wants to wait until we've got more of a block of films to start announcing titles in force ... so, uh, I guess I didn't just say that.

The Anchor Bay confusion hasn't helped, but I'm pretty certain Bruce and Jeff intend to show it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:53 pm 

Crap. Maybe next year. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:15 pm 

Wahh an early conformation of a film? Is that allowed? Since that "Battle Royale remake" is comming out it will be good to screen the original.

OK it might be a early conformation of a film.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:27 pm 

Crap. Looks like I may be missing my first Sci-Fi 'thon in over two decades.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:49 am 

What that can't be. Try to make it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:48 pm 

There's a strong chance that my daughter's birthday party will be that weekend. There are some things more important.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:28 pm 

I'll miss for the second time since 2000.

A month ago I could have scheduled around this date. But now I have another event that is now set, and cannot be moved, for the same weekend.

As I get older it becomes harder and harder to schedule around the dates when they aren't scheduled further in advance. Many have posted this is an issue, but it is an issue that remains a problem.

Powers that be, please set the date further in advance. It cost you at least two admissions this year, as my daughter won't be coming either.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 pm 

Before anything, let me just say that its a real bummer that some folks won't be able to make it this year.

However, an announcement more than 2 months in advance is just about all we could ever ask for, isn't it? I recall that some marathons in the past have been announced much further out, but overall it seems like we've had quite a few that have happened with less than 63 days warning.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:39 pm 

Lord knows the Boston edition of the Marathon has it's problems! But, at least there is a Definite Date Every Year. 37 years and the only tiny tiny variance was one year where it was Saturday-Sunday, not Sunday-Monday.

I know that folks who live out of town Really REALLY need a definite date to point to. People here have posted several times about this. Tying it to a holiday (like President's Day) helps a ton. Maybe Memorial Day weekend?

SRCputt wrote:
I'll miss for the second time since 2000.

A month ago I could have scheduled around this date. But now I have another event that is now set, and cannot be moved, for the same weekend.

As I get older it becomes harder and harder to schedule around the dates when they aren't scheduled further in advance. Many have posted this is an issue, but it is an issue that remains a problem.

Powers that be, please set the date further in advance. It cost you at least two admissions this year, as my daughter won't be coming either.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 am 

willcail wrote:
Since that "Battle Royale remake" is comming out it will be good to screen the original.

Are you referring to "The Hunger Games"? I know it's based on a book, but maybe the author seen Battle Royale and was inspired? (shrugs) Battle Royale and The Hunger Games DO have a LOT in common.

Isn't "Slither" an appropriate name for a movie that keeps "SLITHERING AWAY"!!!??? HAAA!!!! HAHA!! HAHHAHA!!! giggitygiggitygiggitygiggity ;)

The date for this year's sci fi marathon is the exact same as last year's, May 21, the supposed "RAPTURE"!!! lol!

As far as missing out on this year's marathon goes, you will NEVER have to worry about me missing a single movie marathon EVER. I don't care if I am getting married, I will move my wedding to allow for attendance. If I am in a hospital, then I guess I'll be attending the movie marathon in a hospital gown! lol If I am DEAD, I will crawl out of my grave and attend. Nothing, no force in this universe, will ever get me to miss a single movie marathon. :D