The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:14 am 

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you all for the tremendous support you have shown our film, THE LAST PUSH. I will say, that it was a truly inspirational moment when my phone rang late on the night of the marathon, and it was fantastic to hear from the audience, and to be able to share that moment with my kids. Thank you SO MUCH!

I will speak humbly, for a moment... THE LAST PUSH was a labor of love. There were many, many months that I wondered if I was going to be the only human on the planet who actually liked the damn picture. Then, it became apparent that the film did speak to others as well, and I am now getting used to the fact that people are really responding well to our baby.

I will admit, I was worried when Jeff Frank initially called and invited us to screen at the Marathon. I know TLP is a patient film, and I did not know how well it would go over at a midnight screening to a crowd who had been in the theatre for more than 12 hours. But, when the tweets came through, I was blown away! Maybe someday in the future, I won't follow every word that is said about something that I work on, but for now, everything that is said is so very important to myself, to everyone who worked on the film, and especially to my family.

I am extremely proud of our film, and everyone who worked on the film is proud of the film. Please know that it was truly an honor to share the piece with you there in Columbus, OH. I now see the genius behind the programing and I want to thank everyone involved in the Ohio Sci-Fi Marathon, especially Jeff Frank, for calling me and setting up the screening.

A special shout out to @jaws3dfan, Tim Martin for the initial tweets that I saw that I believe may have inspired a fantastic, late night phone call, and to everyone else who tweeted and commented on the film... Heck, a HUGE shout out to everyone who was at the marathon who stayed awake that long! And yes, I would love to see "Beyond The Last Push: Whales in Space!"

Please, if you are inspired to do so, check out our imdb page and feel free to rate the film and/ or add your own personal review. Thanks for everything, and I do hope that the future finds us all together in the same theatre!

For now, May the Force be With You All! (I'm more of a Star Wars guy)

Best,
Eric

Please feel free to place my comment in the most appropriate thread. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:44 am 

Hi Eric,

Welcome to our little forum, we have few members but we are all very proud of this space on the web where we get together and talk about our favorite Sci-Fi and Horror movies. Honestly when I first saw the trailer for TLP I thought I hope this shows early in the 24 our line up because it looks slow, kind of like watching 2001 A space odyssey BUT boy was I wrong, the pacing was perfect and I was glued to the screen, not only did I feel for the main character but also many times I felt like I was the one alone in the capsule with years ahead of me.

Spoiler: show
I was really surprised at the main characters brave decision to remain alone in space and to complete the mission, sitting in the audience I felt like I couldn't wait for the ship to land and breathe the fresh air of earth. I couldn't imagine the choice to stay alone in the cramped space.

Do you have any new projects in the works? I hope you can join us at a future marathon event, it would be great to meet you in person.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:29 am 

Thanks for allowing us to screen the film! Really great work especially on a low budget. But there was never a moment when I thought about its budget while watching it. A testament to your great work! Hope to see more films from you in the near future!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 pm 

Really enjoyed it. Good luck with whatever you're working on next.