The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 pm 

If you had the power to make any movie sequel become a reality what would it be? This is supposed to be fun so be creative with your title and description, here is an example:

HAUNTED VACATION

When Rusty Griswold (Johnny Galecki), his Wife (Sara Gilbert) and two children buy a creepy old house his parents Clark (Chevy Chase) and Ellen (Beverly D'Angelo) visit to help get them unpacked, soon they realize they are not the only ones inhabiting this scary old house!!

With a Spooky cameo from the Ghost of Dead Cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:24 pm 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
If you had the power to make any movie sequel become a reality what would it be? This is supposed to be fun so be creative with your title and description, here is an example:

HAUNTED VACATION

When Rusty Griswold (Johnny Galecki), his Wife (Sara Gilbert) and two children buy a creepy old house his parents Clark (Chevy Chase) and Ellen (Beverly D'Angelo) visit to help get them unpacked, soon they realize they are not the only ones inhabiting this scary old house!!

With a Spooky cameo from the Ghost of Dead Cousin Eddie (Randy Quaid)

This is a very interesting idea as I have always wondered why studios very rarely dare to tweak the genre of a film universe for a sequel (the most famous successful example of this being ALIEN and ALIENS, of course).

I've always had a germ of an idea in my mind for a proper Freddy vs. Jason movie. I can't think of any "crossover" attempts, especially recently, that are really worth a damn historically. My idea came about around the time of the first SCREAM movie. I thought it would be cool if we could set it in a universe where these slasher movies exist and the characters in the movie are all self-aware of all the genre tropes and such. This would be very difficult to pull off, of course, but it can be done with the proper amount of tweaking to get the tone just right.

Anyways, in my version, we would throw Michael Myers into the mix as well. I didn't really flesh it out, but the climax takes place at a costume party/dance/whatever and the three REAL slasher killers show up. There'd be a few wacky "cool costume" remarks and fish out of water situations where no one is aware until it's too late that these are really monsters. Then I had the idea for a twist ending after all hell breaks loose where Leatherface suddenly appears and takes out the other three killers, along with most of the rest of the partygoers. Then as a final reveal, we pan out to a wide shot of the parking lot or general city block and a meteor crash lands nearby. Slowly zoom in to the wreckage where a slowly emerging Giger's Alien hisses at the camera... and scene.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm 

Jaws3Dfan, that is a very clever idea.

Someone was talking about Back to the Future II the other day. Part of me would like to see not a sequel so much but a remake. A kid without access to the internet, smart phones, etc. thrown into the age of the original Macintosh. I think anything with Marty's kids would be too contrived, especially since you would have to spend half the film explaining why Marty's travels kept us from having hoverboards, flyng cars and no more Jaws movies.

My older son wants Finding Dory, a sequel to Finding Nemo. In this movie Dory recovers her long term memory and leaves the reef to find her biological family. Marlin and Nemo go to find her and in the end convince her they are the family she wants to be with. My older son is adopted and this plays into his idea about what family is and isn't. Maybe throw in some plot about Dory's family being in an usnafe location adn everyone moves back to the reef.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Grosse Pointe Blank. Martin and Debi return for their 25th reunion and Martin's mother's funeral. Martin is having some midlife crisis issues and feeling the itch to get back in the business. Debi, of course, has no interest in him doing this. He could pull in his old therapist, Debi and MArtin yelling at each other whil ehe keeps trying to tell them he still isn't their therapist could provide a few laughs. Perhaps Paul (Pivin's character) has somehow become successful enough to run afoul of the original client that wanted to kill Debi's father. That allows him to dip his toe back in, but realizes he doesn't want to return to that life. I'd throw a kid or two in, but that often doesn't turn out well. I guess they could exist but mostly be off screen or some variation on the kid at the convienence store, so wrapped in their ipod, DS, etc. they don't notice their Dad trying to save their lives. Like I said, this can easily go from darkly funny to silly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 am 

VOLCANO II: To Helen Back

Mike Roark (Tommy Lee Jones) and his wife Amy (Anne Heche) go on Vacation in Washington and Mt. Saint Helen's erupts!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 pm 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
VOLCANO II: To Helen Back

Mike Roark (Tommy Lee Jones) and his wife Amy (Anne Heche) go on Vacation in Washington and Mt. Saint Helen's erupts!!

This is only allowed if another studio relaseses Beverley Hills Peak, where Dr. Harry Dalton (Pierce Brosnan) and his new wife Rachel (Linda Hamilton) go to L.A. for their honeymoon and a volcano erupts in Beverly Hills.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm 

Atlas Shrugged III The Musical. Yes this could happen. There are plans to do a part III.