The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 am 

Since the official word from Bruce the long suffering host of this crazy thing that we called a Science Fiction Marathon Marathon is going film free. For my self I'm sadden that film is no longer an option. I'm also glad that there is more of a chance to be able to book films that Bruce and the fans wanted to see at the SF Marathons finally be an option. Hopefully can screen on of my fave SF comedies Zardoz. Now please no VHS. Betamax is fine no VHS.

Now there is some logistics to work out of course in buliding the trailers and screeing Spaceboy Gravity and Duck Dogers. Will it move as effortlessly or near effortlessly during the film era?

Will there be some sacrifices need to be made?

Now there is some good things about going all digital. No worries about film quality. No worries about the projector. we might finish on time. Now a certain member of this message borad might have some issues going all digital. Now he might be from LA or not.

Would our fearless leader Bruce might give some more details? True it should run about the same but details please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:10 pm 

Yes, my Marathon flag is at half-mast today. And, if you read Bruce's announcement, I think his might be as well.

Can you call yourself a Science Siction FILM Marathon if you don't show film?

But, as I noted in a post in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1553#p13220

"...it is best to look at the bright side. It does mean that your "wish list" film title is more likely to be available to show. Witness, last year's Ohio showing of THE GREEN SLIME. A film which Bruce and I searched for a 35mm print of for decades. It's half of what it could have looked like with a pristine 35mm print - but, at least it was shown."

Of course, I wrote that not knowing that there won't be ANY 35mm film being shown at all.

I also grieve for the 30+ year collection of celluloid goodies Bruce has painstakingly culled together. Anybody want to volunteer to transfer those thousands of hours to digital.............?