The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:06 pm 

Yep you heard me right, This will be my Last Marathon....As a single man :)

I finally found the perfect woman and I asked her to be my wife (and she said Yes), we have not set a date yet for the wedding but it will be sometime after the Sci-Fi Marathon so I would appreciate it if none of you would tell her what a huge mistake she is making when you see her at the Sci-Fi Marathon in May, when you see her again in October at the horror marathon it will be to late for her to change her mind so feel free to tell her what ever you want at that time :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 pm 

Congratulations! This will be my first sci-fi marathon as a MARRIED man. My wife definitely share the same interest in film!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:40 pm 

Congrats. I met my wife after I started going to Marathons. Given that I started in my teens, that makes sense. She did go to the last few at the North and the Riffe ones before we moved to DC. After we moved, she started having some health issues which would make sitting that long unbearable.

I'm gald your fiancee enjoys the marathons. Best of luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 pm 

depechemodeone wrote:
Congratulations! This will be my first sci-fi marathon as a MARRIED man. My wife definitely share the same interest in film!

Thank you, it's awesome to have a wife with the same interests

Dennis wrote:
Congrats. I met my wife after I started going to Marathons. Given that I started in my teens, that makes sense. She did go to the last few at the North and the Riffe ones before we moved to DC. After we moved, she started having some health issues which would make sitting that long unbearable.

I'm gald your fiancee enjoys the marathons. Best of luck.

Thank you, enjoying the marathons was a prerequisite :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:10 pm 

Congratulations!

My wife and I had only been dating about three months when we attended a Marathon together. It was the 4th Annual one at the Drexel North in 1990. We had a great time and it helped cement our relationship. We'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary Thursday March 21st and haven't missed a Marathon since 1990!! We are looking forward to this year's event.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 pm 

Congratulations!!! I know the perfect gift to give too! An all expense paid trip to tour the Silver Shamrock factory (with complimentary take-home pumpkin masks!)! ;) Very happy for you both!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 am 

dsm913 wrote:
Congratulations!

My wife and I had only been dating about three months when we attended a Marathon together. It was the 4th Annual one at the Drexel North in 1990. We had a great time and it helped cement our relationship. We'll be celebrating our 21st anniversary Thursday March 21st and haven't missed a Marathon since 1990!! We are looking forward to this year's event.

I remember a couple at the Drexel North came to the Marathon immediately after getting married, The Marathon was the Honeymoon.

Hallbeast wrote:
Congratulations!!! I know the perfect gift to give too! An all expense paid trip to tour the Silver Shamrock factory (with complimentary take-home pumpkin masks!)! ;) Very happy for you both!

Ha! Where do I sign up?? Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:17 am 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
Hallbeast wrote:

Don't go, Tim! It's a trap! :)

By the way - silly me - I thought you were already married - in any case, congrats! Very happy that you found someone who shares your interests - that's awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:07 pm 

scottcoz wrote:
Jaws3dfan wrote:
Hallbeast wrote:

Don't go, Tim! It's a trap! :)

By the way - silly me - I thought you were already married - in any case, congrats! Very happy that you found someone who shares your interests - that's awesome!

I was married until about 3 years ago, now I am falling into the fire once more (Yes I just Quoted Dokken)