The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 pm 

THE MIDWEST PREMIERES OF:
THE TIME OF THE ROBOTS (2012) Director: Erik Hammen
DANGER 5 (2012) Directed by Dario Russo.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:17 pm 

"Time of the Robots is an epic silent space opera about a robot-based alien invasion, featuring unique visuals created by meticulously modifying and editing thousands of hours of silent and serial film footage. With an original story, musical score, and sound design, Time of the Robots creates a new experience highly reminiscent of early cinema"

Danger 5 is listed as a TV series:
"Set in a bizarre 1960's inspired version of World War II, this action comedy series follows a team of five spies on a mission to kill Hitler. "

Director is the guy who made the Italian Spiderman short.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:41 pm 

they could be good or they could be the next Automatons, only time will tell (great Asia song by the way)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:54 pm 

I'm getting an Automatons vibe of Time of the Robots. Wish Bruce was making these announcements first. Sigh I feel he is becomming a figurehead now.

Here are the first three minutes of Time of the Robots.

http://www.vimeo.com/32121253

Here is the trailer for Danger 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&gl=U ... cription=1

Now how can the powers at be over at the Drexel called Danger 5 a premier when it is available on Hulu right now.

This lineup is getting too many premieres. Time to stop in my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 am 

willcail wrote:
Now how can the powers at be over at the Drexel called Danger 5 a premier

The powers at be?

willcail wrote:
This lineup is getting too many premieres.

2? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:00 am 

Danger 5 looks pretty out there, it might be very entertaining. If its individual episodes, I wonder if it'll be split up like Stingray Sam?

We'll have to see on Time Of The Robots. It might work, or it might fall on its face. Watching the 3-minute clip felt more like reading a book than watching a movie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 am 

I've should have said there are too many recient movies. Now Danger 5 is six episodes at twenty five minutes per episode. The whole series is 150 minutes long. They can show the whole series at once.

Still how can they called Danger 5 a premiere when I can watch it now on Hulu?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 am 

You can't watch Hulu in a theater. A premier is something that hasn't played in a theater before.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 am 

Well you can watch Hulu in a movie theater. As long if the digital projection system supports an HDMI connection, at least an 9 or 10 MBiT per second wired internet connection, and a device that support Hulu content. For example an Roku box.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:43 pm 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
they could be good or they could be the next Automatons, only time will tell (great Asia song by the way)

Well, this quote from the link willcail listed makes me think Automatons.

Quote:
It is about an alien invasion enabled by unchecked corporate power over an ignorant population.

Aside from that, it looks like an interesting premise, but like you said, only time will tel on how well they pull it off. The music makes me think of the early to mid 90s games like Wing Commander when they were pushing the limits of SounBlaster Sound Cards.

Danger 5 looks like it could be a lot of fun or 5 to 8 jokes rerun for a little over two hours. I won't watch it before to not ruin it for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:08 pm 

I haven't watched either trailer yet (currently at work), but just reading the descriptions on IMDb, I'm really excited for both of them! Time of the Robots sounds like a really cool concept (albeit one with a high potential to fall flat), and Danger 5 sounds hilarious. Still not sure whether we're gonna get the whole series or just a few episodes - maybe it will allow for some flexibility in scheduling, e.g. "We're about 45 minutes behind so the last two episodes are getting cut." Regardless, I'm hella optimistic about this year's marathon - although I'm optimistic about a lot of things, so take that with a grain of salt.

Edit: One thing that does have me worried about Time of the Robots from the IMDb page: the plot summary makes it sound like an "epic" artsy type movie, but the listed tagline is "Time of the Robots is a new silent sci-fi B-movie, made from B-movies, for people who love B-movies!" So is it gonna be a serious art project type of film, or a campy ridiculous one? The mixed messages have me worried that it won't know what it wants to be and won't end up being much of anything.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm 

willcail wrote:

willcail wrote:
Well you can watch Hulu in a movie theater. As long if the digital projection system supports an HDMI connection, at least an 9 or 10 MBiT per second wired internet connection, and a device that support Hulu content. For example an Roku box.

Okay, I'll ask since you seem to know about this:

Which theater in the midwest played Danger 5 via Hulu, thus making you question it's premiere status?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:02 am 

I guess this takes it back to the whole discussion of what is and what isn't a legit "Premiere": viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1579

If you are going to use the loosest possible definition as not having played in a movie theater in Columbus does that mean that if you show a random episode of HEROES, STAR TREK VOYAGER, the original TREK or even the old TWILIGHT ZONE in a theater, does that constitute a "Premiere"???

Since this is just recently on Hulu, that makes it fresher obviously, but still not a legit "Premiere", imhop.

cleazer wrote:
willcail wrote:

willcail wrote:

Okay, I'll ask since you seem to know about this:

Which theater in the midwest played Danger 5 via Hulu, thus making you question it's premiere status?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:04 pm 

Oh, a silent movie. This will be pure joy. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:57 pm 

what they couldn't get a DCP copy of Metropolis? Witch will play alot better than an unknown film?

To quote an oft quoted line from a well known science fiction franchise I've got a very bad feeling about this.

By the way the so called Silent Time of the Robots does have spoken dialog in the first three minutes of the movie. Doesn't the director understand what silent means?