The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seven More Days to Go
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 am 

Seven days until the start of the annual crazy thing known as the SF Marathon. I can't get excited for this year SF Marathon. I wish I can.

The poor planning of SF30 is the reason that I'm not excited. The consent changes in the film lineup. Miscommunications when the tickets go on sale. The lack of announcements from Bruce about the films. Unable to properly sercure films. As one of the diehards to see the lack of professionalism when it comes to this year event.

I'm please to see Mega Monster Battle is still listed. I would't be surprise that this film will be dropped this week.

I want to be excited but I just can't

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:17 pm 

Been going to CWRU for 25 years. Attended Boston once.
And returning to Columbus for the second time.
I am looking forward to the experience. Emphasis experience.
Not especially the films, but then I expect some real classics to be announced (tomorrow?) Why? Because the list looks short and weak, but hopefully those who care are working feverishly to rectify the deficiencies.
I am not being facetious. Why would people go through the work, pain and suffering that it takes to put on this sort of event and then give it up to an inferior product?
And also the spirit. People are dedicated to CWRU, but this event is more of a family. And a lot more of a cult :lol: in spirit. Case shows movies, new and old. And the planners care. But in Columbus my experience has been that everyone cares.
So. See ya.

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly