The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm 

'Independence Day 2' Gets 2015 Release Date:

Roland Emmerich has not been shy when it comes to talking about anticipated sequels to his 1996 alien-invasion hit "Independence Day." Follow-ups to the blockbuster have been in the works for years, and 20th Century Fox finally announced a release date for "Independence Day 2" today.

The second installment of the movie that, arguably, launched Will Smith's big-screen star is set to hit theaters July 3, 2015, according to Screen Rant.

Speaking of Smith, don't expect to see him in the sequel, Screen Rant also reports. The "After Earth" actor recently told BBC News that he does not want to become "the sequel guy," when asked about a proposed follow-up to his movie "I am Legend."

However, two other stars of "Independence Day," Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman, have not ruled out appearing the sequel.

Emmerich told Entertainment Weekly that "ID2" and "3"will be set 20 years after the original film, and the first in the series of sequels will end with a cliffhanger, acting as a setup for the third movie.

Fox's other announcements included release date changes for "Assassin's Creed," "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,"and "X-Men Days of Future Past," which has been moved up from July 18, 2014, to May 23, 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 am 

Hey, I might get to see the new X-Men film. I don't get out to the movies much anymore, but as part of his birthday, I take my older son and three friends, to COSI, Spaghetti Warehouse and the Drive-In down by us.

Interesting comment on the sequels. IMDB has him down for several, though, as we know, the future is always in motion. I liked ID4. Yeah, it had huge plot holes, but it was just a fun, disengage brain, enjoy things getting blown up with bits of light comic relief summer film that for the most part didn't take itself too seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:18 pm 

Since Will Smith last movie After Earth tanked at the Box Office I thought they could get him at a reduce salary. Now