The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:42 pm 

That's great news about the early date! It's terrible news (for me) that it's that weekend. 99.9% chance I can't go then or the weekend after. That's 2 years in a row I'll be missing the Columbus sic-fi marathon :( I hope it's awesome and full of 35mm greatness for everyone and will revitalize the marathons for all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:33 pm 

So we're about 2 months away.

We ought to be hearing about tickets and some films soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 pm 

I am really pumped for this and can't wait to hear the list. I attended the Horrorthon this past October and loved it. I was traveling all the way to Chicago before I heard of this one and Columbus is my go to marathon fix now, FOR SURE! Any hints at a theme at this point?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm 

I mean, admittedly, I'm not a 20+ year veteran like some of the posters here, but as I understand it, there usually isn't really a theme other than "science fiction." Except maybe for theming the flyers, tickets, etc. around whatever the "big draw" movie(s) happen to be.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 pm 

aahh... I see. The only thing that made me question it was I noticed a theme with the Shock Around the Clock. It may have been coincidence, but it seemed like every movie had someone warning every one that something was really wrong and no one would believe them, with a hint of witches and demon possession. This will be my first sci-fi marathon of any sorts. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 am 

Jaglavak wrote:
it seemed like every movie had someone warning every one that something was really wrong and no one would believe them

I think that's just horror movies in general. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:08 pm 

There have been loose themes for a marathon in years past, but they've always been fairly loose, with at least a few films not fitting the theme at all.

Which, honestly, I prefer. I want a good variety in my marathon line-up. As much as I love me some time-travel movies, after the fifth one, I just want to see some aliens invade, ya know?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 pm 

agentstinky wrote:
Jaglavak wrote:
it seemed like every movie had someone warning every one that something was really wrong and no one would believe them

I think that's just horror movies in general. :lol:

I guess you are right. :| lol duh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm 

Jaglavak wrote:
I guess you are right. :| lol duh

Although I would like to see a horror movie where someone says, "Hey uh I saw a vampire" and everyone is immediately like "OH MY GOD EVERYONE RUN!!!!" Even the guy who saw the vampire might say, "Um, you sure you don't want to verify it or anything?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 am 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
Hello!
My name is Gift Horse!
Pleased to meet you!

...*opens mouth*...

You have a cavity.

D'oh! I shouldn't have looked!! :)

Anyway... oops, I haven't posted for awhile. Buy, hey, I'll be there in 2 weekends - great line-up - looking forward to spending another weekend with you crazy kooks!