The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:34 pm 

Hey L.A how do you known my sister's cat?

I do enjoy your "get off my lawn" rant.

BTW it is going to be in the mid fifties by next weekend. Plus post the schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:11 pm 

Jaglavak wrote:
...I was wanting to try and muster up some sort of space suit for this contest but I'll most likely procrastinate to the point where I don't do it. I am excited to see what people come up with...

Remember that "concept" costumes tend to do as well (or better) than meticulously crafted costumes.

I'll most likely bring another superhero costume out for the marathon - and fully expect to lose to someone wearing a blanket again. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:58 pm 

How about dressing up as Groot. Or Captain Sunshine from the Venture Bros.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:41 pm 

willcail wrote:
I do enjoy your "get off my lawn" rant...

A bit ranty, yes. But, not really a "get off my lawn" one. It's just an observation. And, I would have written something similar were I still young enough to be the one being told to get off the lawn (I've always had a long view of things).

Fact is, Messageboards (and most websites) are considered "old media" by many these days.

Everything is of the here and now. Look at your Front Page on Facebook or your Twitter feed - how often do you get remarks made about a posting made 3 or 4 days ago? Let alone 3 or 4 weeks back! That's "old news"! Who cares?!! One of the most influential directors of the past several decades, Alain Resnais, passes away a week ago and barely a murmur. Who cares?!! What hits has he had lately?!!

Let's keep messageboards alive regardless of how few participate. And, let's be thankful that enough folks show up to Marathons, regardless if they want to discuss it for only a day or so before and after.

:| :| :| :| :|

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:23 pm 

Still trying to decide if I'm going to come this year, my normal partner in crime is pregnant this year so she may not make it. But this year looks so much fun and the date is PERFECT!! I should just come, whats my problem??? That was easy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:50 pm 

Erin73 wrote:
Still trying to decide if I'm going to come this year, my normal partner in crime is pregnant this year so she may not make it. But this year looks so much fun and the date is PERFECT!! I should just come, whats my problem??? That was easy!

Not to mention you'll have hundreds of other partners in crime in the theater with you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

So since I started this thread, I guess I should throw in as well. This is, by far, the most excited I've been for the former IT CAME FROM THE DREXEL NORTH in some time. Granted, I had a large hand in programming the lineup this year, so some of that sentiment might be a tad self-serving.

But like many of you, I'm also psyched for ALL of the films, and the last time that happened (or came close to happening) was SF17 at the Sony Continent....although SF26 also came close. And that's no knock on the other previous SF Marathons. But it's tremendously cool to know that I'm up for every single feature this year.

In particular, I've never seen THE HIDDEN on film, and haven't watched it at all since the late 90's. I haven't seen INFRA-MAN at all since Boston's SF25 in 2000. I did see this restoration of METROPOLIS at the Wexner Center in 2010; it was absolutely phenomenal, and I can't wait to see it again with you guys.

Damn, I'm getting excited just writing this. And we haven't even touched on the Horror Marathon news! Oops, might've spoken too soon....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 am 

What about the Horror thon?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:56 am 

I wrote something here.

Hope everything was fabulous.