The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:20 am 

The 24th 24-hour Sci-Fi marathon! I can’t believe it. I attended the first several marathons when they were at the Drexel North (God, I miss that theater). I even attended the first several horror marathons that were at that theater. If memory serves, they were also 24 hours back then. And I prided myself on always staying through to the end, never falling asleep … well, almost never. :oops:

But something happened. I’m not sure what, but I stopped going. I guess I got wrapped up with different things going on in my life, I even moved out of state for several years. My point is, I guess I just got lost within my own life and forgot that you need to step back, take a deep breath, have some fun and not take everything so seriously. I didn’t realize it at the time (I was just a kid back then) but the marathons were my escape. Just this past October I saw a flyer for the horror marathon, and all the great memories started coming back to me. I bought a ticket right away, talked a friend into going, and had a blast. It was the most fun I’ve had in a long time. This was a wakeup call to me.

So, this weekend is my triumphant return to the Sci-Fi marathon. I call myself “MarathonVet”, but I’ll find out if I can stay awake for 24 hours like I did when I was a kid. LOL. I never knew any of you or the people who hosted these marathons back at the Drexel North, in fact I kinda kept to myself, or the people who came with me. But I look forward to sharing this experience with all of you this weekend and for many marathons to come. Thank you all for bringing the joy of the marathon back into my life. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:59 pm 

Welcome back.

Just remember to sit back and enjoy the sights, sounds and *smells* that come from a room full of sleepy nerds.

:)