The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:35 pm 
Site Admin

Join us in kicking off our celebration of the 30TH ANNIVERSARY of the OHIO 24-HOUR SCIENCE FICTION MARATHON with an all-out cinematic cyborg battle to the death! Thrill to Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton in James Cameron's ground-breaking Sci-Fi classic THE TERMINATOR! Gaze in stunned awe at the unbelievably over-the-top Indonesian rip-off LADY TERMINATOR, in GLORIOUS 35MM! PLUS a galaxy of vintage 35mm trailers and shorts! AND the Official Announcement of the film lineup for the upcoming 30TH ANNIVERSARY OHIO 24-HOUR SCIENCE FICTION MARATHON (March 18-19)! 10PM JANUARY 28th at the Drexel Theater! $10 advance tickets available at the Drexel (2254 E. Main St.) or online at http://bit.ly/2ici2N5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:50 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:54 am 

Looks like fun! Going to do my best to be there!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:21 am 

LADY TERMINATOR is one of the great schlockfests of the 80s. Such a bizarre hybrid of things to rip-off! It's one of my favorite late-night screenings ever.

Wish I was in town for it.

Yeah, and THE TERMINATOR is pretty good, too. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 pm 

Awesome...LADY TERMINATOR showed at my first ever marathon, at SF25 in 2008. I don't think I'll make it down for this event, but I hope those of us who don't attend don't have to wait TOO long to hear the official lineup announcement!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:28 pm 
Site Admin

agentstinky wrote:
Awesome...LADY TERMINATOR showed at my first ever marathon, at SF25 in 2008. I don't think I'll make it down for this event, but I hope those of us who don't attend don't have to wait TOO long to hear the official lineup announcement!

Oh, I see how it is, Mr. I Can't Drive Two Hours for the Greatest Double Bill in the History of Human Consciousness!

But hey, we still love ya! So we'll likely roll out the Sci-Fi Marathon lineup on Facebook the following evening.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:37 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
agentstinky wrote:

Oh, I see how it is, Mr. I Can't Drive Two Hours for the Greatest Double Bill in the History of Human Consciousness!

But hey, we still love ya! So we'll likely roll out the Sci-Fi Marathon lineup on Facebook the following evening.

Listen, and understand! That Neffinator is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are at the marathon!