The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:57 pm 

I would like to announce the great Science Fiction Movie Marathon Tour.
I have the luxury of being retired and therefore am able to attend the three major SF Movie Marathons. Have done so in the past. Others may not be so "lucky".
Columbus is coming up on March 21 and I will be there.
Anyone who wants to drive from Cleveland is welcome to one of the two or three available seats in my car.

However this is about THE GREAT 2021 MARATHON TOUR!!!.
1. We have an air B N' B next door. I will rent it for anyone who plans in advance (I'll pay) for the Cleveland Jan 21, 2021 Marathon. Several people from out of town already take up the spare room at my place - but overall I expect that there will be approx. 10 spaces available in fairly great comfort. Air mattresses may be required. Morning bagels and coffee provided. The idea is to encourage people from Boston, Columbus and elsewhere to come to our fair city.
2. The next marathon is Boston, Presidents Day 2021. Again there is a large air B N. B space that I have used previously and will rent. It may be crowded, but that is the original ethos of air bnbs. Perhaps there will be beds - but again air mattresses will be necessary.
Columbusards will probably have to make it to Cleveland to benefit from coordinated transportation to Boston. If there is a rush of interest :roll: I guess we could start from down south. A fleet?. A bus? As it gets closer we'll figure it out.
3. Columbus 2021 is a long time from now. But again, if there are sufficient takers I will coordinate travel to the great metropolis south of Cleveland. Any input from southerly locals is appreciated.

A few people from Columbus have attended all three Marathons. as have I. Nobody made it to all three this year. To the best of my knowledge only one current Bostonian has ever attended Cleveland. And that was my daughter when she was but a wee sprig before she moved east. I wouldn't say that Boston is lacking - but can you say insular? Yes this is a challenge.

The purpose of this is to encourage people to make plans well ahead. And to do something for the sheer goof of it. Comments?

Thar’s only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we’re the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought. - Walt Kelly