The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Movie Associations
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:53 pm 

No, I'm not talking about something like NATO (National Association of Theatre Owners,) but instead odd associatins you have with any of this year's movies. Maybe no one else would be interested in posting something like this, but every time I think of Westworld, I always think of the Spaghetti Warehouse. The first time I saw it was when it was on broadcast TV when I was probably 8 or 9. Earlier that evening my parents and I went to the Spaghetti Warehouse for the first time. Therefore whenever I think of either one, I always think of the other.

None of the other films, except maybe Batman has any really strong memories for me. Batman was the first date of a relationship that just wasn't meant to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:35 pm 

When I first saw FORBIDDEN PLANET at SF10 I remember thinking "Hey, isn't that the guy from the NAKED GUN? You mean he used to be a real actor?"

My fondest memory of KING KONG was spotting the crate on the ship with the Sumatran Rat Monkey and pointing and giggling... oh, wait, wrong version, my bad. :lol:
When the remake came out in the '70s, I remember my brother and I reenacting the movie by shining a flashlight on our hands and standing in front of the giant "Kong Hand" shadow.

Haven't seen SERENITY, but I predicted correctly that it would play this year's marathon before it was released in theaters last fall.

Haven't seen INVISIBLE BOY, THE CRAZIES, FINAL WARS, or WESTWORLD. Looking forward to all of them.

And finally, I still have my untorn BATMAN ticket from opening night. It was for me (and many others) the most anticipated film ever when it came out. The theater was woefully unprepared for the crowd and when the velvet ropes were opened, there was such a mad rush that half of the crowds tickets weren't even taken, including mine. I remember enjoying it, but being slightly disappointed. BATMAN RETURNS is a far superior film as is nearly every second film in a super hero franchise. Funny how that is almost always the case. Anyway, my other memory of that time was being outraged because ticket prices went up the day BATMAN came out... to a whopping $4.75! :o