The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 8 hour gap
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:11 pm 

So we haven't had any news in a long time about about lineup additions or changes. With only 8 movies scheduled, that gives us an approximately 16 hour marathon. Please don't tell us that there will be 8 hours of shorts and trailers to fill the gap. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add at least 2 more features. I remember back in the early Drexel North days we'd get 13 films. I don't want to sound like a complainer (I just ordered my ticket after all), but it just seems wrong to shove a trailerthon into our MOVIE marathon. I know Bruce and Jeff and crew are working very hard and I have no doubts it will be another blast, but we all come for the movies and the atmosphere. To short change the amount of movies won't bring in new blood like we should be trying to do. I have part-time marathoids that don't want to go for so few movies. It's hard to get outsiders excited about watching 8 hours of shorts and trailers. That's something only regulars could appreciate. I don't even care what the additional movies are as long as there are more films (though the Music Box in Chicago did play a beautiful print of They Live last summer, hint hint). Either way, keep up the good work, it IS a great lineup so far, and I can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

I just posted an announcement on the final feature, a premiere of FIRST ON THE MOON. With 5 chapters of THE BATMAN and several surprises, there may actually be fewer trailers than at any marathon in recent memory. We'll see.... More importantly, like every year, we're aspiring to shorter, more meaningful, intermissions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:54 pm 

Bruce, you're being very sly with these constant mentions of "surprises". Could this be a surprise feature type of surprise, or a special guest type of surprise, or a rare short subject type of surprise, or a quit bugging me by asking too many questions on the website type of surprise? Just thinking out loud. Obviously, don't tell us...it wouldn't be a surprise. Unless you tell us and then it's something completely different, and we're totally surprised. Or the surprise is that there is no surprise. Either way, I'll be surprised. Pretty sneaky, man. Pretty sneaky indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:32 pm 

For me there are no suprises, for I am from the future. In case you're wondering, we all have a great time. Except Joe, who cries like a small child at the end of Batman becuase he apparently forgot The Joker dies. It was brokeback mountain all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:00 pm 

Quote:
More importantly, like every year, we're aspiring to shorter, more meaningful, intermissions.

I second that notion. Please don't reveal details of any more surprises. I want to be surprised. I'm very excited about the lineup, but I feel I know too much already. Kind of a catch-22, that is.

Hmm, sounding like Yoda now, I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Jethrobot wrote:
For me there are no suprises, for I am from the future. In case you're wondering, we all have a great time. Except Joe, who cries like a small child at the end of Batman becuase he apparently forgot The Joker dies. It was brokeback mountain all over again.

He...what? (Sniff, sniff) Oh Jack, I just can't quit you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:11 am 

What a busy day. I love it when I beg for news and then we get some. I'm spoiled I guess. It will be a blast, and just seeing the new additions posted I must say I'm pretty excited. Great job Bruce.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:35 am 

Yes,I too am concerned about the time factor of cramming in as much as possible for the cash. Where's the usual 12 or 13 flicks? To have to ponder upon days of yore to know that was the usual in a far gone time.
There are plenty of contacts to get more flicks which I will help out in needed. Also,Harryhausen is in the States that weekend for various things. Maybe a remote interview could be done if Heuck could get on it.
Bradbury? Forry J? After all Forry Ackerman invented the term "sci-fi".
There are still many possiblities to pull out of the hat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:04 pm 

bar2b2 wrote:
With 5 chapters of THE BATMAN and several surprises, there may actually be fewer trailers than at any marathon in recent memory. We'll see.... More importantly, like every year, we're aspiring to shorter, more meaningful, intermissions.

That sounds good to me. Although I am afraid that those Batman chapters are going to be painful, but I'm looking forward to them anyway. Trailers are fun, but sometimes they do go on a bit. :roll: Although the padding they provide usually means I can make it to dinner and back without missing a film. And what marathon would be complete without the tailer for A Nymphoid Barbian in Dinosaur Hell?

So certainly I'm curious about Bruce's suprises, but knowing that the remaining time won't be filled with even more trailers is good enough for me.

But there's always time for Chubchubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:26 am 

There's always time for the Cafe Flesh trailer too. Although after 1am might be better.