The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:45 am 

Just wondering... I've never been to the Gateway and loved the convenience factor of ordering online; but... became a little concerned that I might not be able to get my hands on the ticket until we actually get into the theatre.

My question is... will we be allowed into the theatre fairly early to retrieve the tickets (I live a bit too far away to pick them up beforehand) or will I be allowed in only once the crowd gets moving, loosing a good place in line for good seats?

I plan to be there around 830 or 9, I would love to have the ticket in my greedy little hand right then. Are there possibly 24 hour ticket machines outside the theatre?

I would even consider buying another ticket by phone if that means not loosing a good place in line.

Thanks,
Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:37 am 

If I remember correctly you generally just get your tickets when you enter through the line. Generally it only takes 30 seconds to a minute to go through the will call and show your ID. Maybe one or two tickets holders will squeeze past you but not much more than that. I've been coming on and off for 17 years (Darn you work!!!!!) and for the last 4 years from out of town and never had to wait long because of will call. But this is a new theater so maybe things are different now. What do I know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:10 pm 

I share the same concern. It's great that tickets are available online now but will the actual building be open early enough that those of us with online tickets will be able to print them out or will they be at the will call?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:03 pm 

Metafish (-10 for reading comprehension) and I have the same recollection. In fact as I was digging through some stuff the other day I found one of my Grande will call tickets. I liked the reserved balcony seating at the Grande, so I always would call as early as possible and did the will call. I got two ticket, in essence. One was the traditional marathon ticket, stapled to it was one of the generic looking movie tickets that come out of the printer.

Will call was right next to the folks who put the wristbands on, so only one or two people got by. You will need the credit card you ordered the ticket with when you pick up the ticket.

Last edited by Dennis on Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:40 pm 

That's funny, Dennis, I always read it as Metafish as well. I can't tell if that's a better or worse name than Meatfetish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:37 am 

metafish? Hmmm.... I like that. Maybe next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:00 am 

:oops:

I've always thought it was Metafish. If I were to testify in court I would have sworn that it was Metafish. My brain appearently is now programmed that Meatfetish=Metafish.