The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Transformers in HD
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:42 am 

I got an HD DVD Player for Christmas along with Transformers on HD DVD (not Blu-Ray) and I must say HD DVD RULES.....the picture quaility is amazingly better than normal DVD and the HD extras are just awesome, for example while watching the movie you can press the "menu" betton on the remote and at the bottom of the screen you get menu options but the movie continues to play. I have not hooked it up to the internet yet however one of the extra features on Transformers if your wired to the net is an on screen GPS unit so you know where the robots are and life meters so you can see who is close to dying. Over all the picture is what matters and it's just stunning how much better it is than normal DVD. I just ordered "Serenity" on HD DVD I can't wait to get it, amazon is having buy one get one free right now so I plan to pick up a few more titles this week. I hope HD DVD wins the war!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:37 pm 

Well, Sony has lost most similar technology wars. I think HDDVD would make a huge step forward if the next wave of XBOXes had built in HDDVD capabilities. From what I can tell, BluRay has a slight market edge due to the Built-in players on the PS3, plus the Blockbuster exclusivity. In the long run, HD may win out because as of right now it is much cheaper to produce, although BluRay is considered a superior technology. If I decide to upgrade, I will probably go with the HDDVD add on to my XBOX rather than go with something completely different. I think the average consumer would be more comfortable with HD as well. BluRay probably sounds intimidating to the non-technical saavy.

Post subject: Re: Transformers in HD
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:25 pm 

usinoh wrote:
I got an HD DVD Player for Christmas along with Transformers on HD DVD (not Blu-Ray) and I must say HD DVD RULES.....the picture quaility is amazingly better than normal DVD and the HD extras are just awesome, for example while watching the movie you can press the "menu" betton on the remote and at the bottom of the screen you get menu options but the movie continues to play. I have not hooked it up to the internet yet however one of the extra features on Transformers if your wired to the net is an on screen GPS unit so you know where the robots are and life meters so you can see who is close to dying. Over all the picture is what matters and it's just stunning how much better it is than normal DVD. I just ordered "Serenity" on HD DVD I can't wait to get it, amazon is having buy one get one free right now so I plan to pick up a few more titles this week. I hope HD DVD wins the war!!!

I can't agree with you more. I have HD and Blu-Ray thanks to my Xbox 360 and my Playstation 3. For me it all started with the Matrix trilogy boxed set in HD-DVD. What really amazed me was the "in-movie experience", the pip behind the scenes/interviews/concept art/story boards/etc. that play along with the movie ... and at the appropriate scenes. I've quickly become addicted and my Hi-Def collection (HD & Blu) now totals 78 films! Long live Hi-Def!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:04 am 

I finally got my HD-DVD player hooked into the net and the web features on Transformers are sweet...you can change the menu bar to feature Bumble Bee, Optimus Prime or Megatron, there are 7 video clips you can watch (which I have not done yet) and coming soon you can save your favorite clips from the movie and share them with other HD-DVD owners.