The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: some nuts and bolts....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:50 am 
Site Admin

Any or all of this could be slightly askew or totally wrong, but these are things as I understand them at this point......

The Ohio State spring football game will be played Saturday afternoon at, I think, 1:00, so expect some traffic, especially if you're arriving close to the start time. See the Gateway website for directions to the garage.

The parking garage will be $3 per in/out with your parking ticket stamped in the theatre.

The doors will be open at about 10:30.

Will call tickets will be handled as the line comes in.

No outside food or beverages. If there's something you absolutely have to have that the theatre can't provide, keep it in the car or seek it out from one of the neighbors.

There will be a refillable drink/popcorn deal again this year. Maybe someone from the Gateway can confirm the details.

Even with so few features, the schedule is ridiculously tight. If everyone has gotten in and had a chance to buy their t-shirts, we may start the first batch of trailers at 11:30 before the official welcome / THE BATMAN Chapter 1 / KING KONG.

I think you'll like the t-shirt. That guy who has been doing them for years seems to have slipped into a coma or something, so it's a fresh new look at FORBIDDEN PLANET in a multitude of colors. I believe that you'll be able to charge the shirts, but if you have cash, it will speed things along at that table.

There is an ATM nearby.

The intermissions will be kept short and ever so sweet. Keep reminding me about that. The 23rd Annual Costume Contest will be during the 2nd intermission, between FORBIDDEN PLANET and THE INVISIBLE BOY at about 5:00.

Sleep while you can......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 am 

Starting the Science Fiction Marathon a half hour early?!!?11!!?!11!1?1!!!!????!eleven!!?!?interrobang!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

WOOT! WOOT!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:14 pm 

bar2b2 wrote:

Sleep while you can......

SLEEP?! Don't tell me people at the Ohio Marathon actually sleep through all that cool stuff you show? :wink:

...and who you calling "nuts"?