The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm 

For anyone that is interested this was posted by a friend of mine on a Godzilla/kaiju oriented forum.

Enshohma's Monster Movie Madness: May 25th (Tentative)

To anyone living in or near the Los Angeles beach area, or to those who knows somebody that does: I am proud to announce that I, Enshohma (alias Rafael 'Crazy' Gonzalez) will be hosting in person a free, single day, 7-hour giant monster marathon in Manhattan Beach's acclaimed comic book store and nerd sanctuary The Comic Bug, on May 25th (tentative), Sunday, from 12PM-to-7PM!

Although May 25th is for now a tentative date and may change later, the event itself has been conformed by Jun, Mike and Adam, owners of the Comic Bug, so this whole thing is a go no matter what and not just me blowing smoke up your respective...hmm...well, you know!

As stated above, the marathon will begin at 12PM, and will end that evening just before 7PM, closing time.

The selection of films will all be from my personal (some would even say insane) collection of giant monster films and television show.

The exact line-up will be posted in the very near future, but be assured we're looking at items both obscure and not readily available (or at all) on American DVD. So its a great opportunity to open your mind and eyes to extra large heroes, monsters, and villains outside the typical Godzilla-based norm. Though that's not to say he'll be counted out...it is a giant monster marathon after all!

The films will be played in the back theater area of the Comic Bug on a five-foot plasma screen. There will be plenty of free water and drinks available for audience members, though food has yet to be decided upon for the event.

And although the Comic Bug is limited in kaiju-related merchandise, there will be items of great interest for sale, so please come in early before they all sell out.

Jun, Mike and Adam have been very supportive in getting this event started, and it would be a BIG HELP if we have a good idea how many people will be attending the marathon. So if you're seriously considering on coming down, please notify me through this e-mail address:

Enshohma@yahoo.com

E-mail me however for a preview of what's to come, but remember, we're still working it out and it in itself tentative.

The more people we have confirmed for coming, the better the marathon and said items for sale will go. And if its successful enough, the Comic Bug overlords (that's Jun Mike and Adam again) will be open to doing another one before the end of 2008, possibly in October.

Again, please check back on this thread in the coming weeks for updates and announcements, and I really hope to see any of you guys come down. 7 whole hours of free giant monster insanity with a nut-bag like me...how can you not go wrong with that!

Here is the official Comic Bug site for further information:

http://thecomicbug.com/

Last edited by Mecha74 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 pm 

Uh... since when is noon to just before 7PM "eight whole hours?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:14 am 

IamJacksUserID wrote:
Uh... since when is noon to just before 7PM "eight whole hours?"

No idea.

Probably a slight oops on his end.

And for the record I don't expect marathoids who live in Rhode Island to suddenly have a nerdgasm and fly/drive across the country to a little event like this. But....there are a few of you who happen to live in California sooooooo.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 am 

Ok, so you have corrected the text from the previous post even though you din't actually write it, but now it's not funny anymore. :P

So basically, in this comic book store, they are going to play giant monster movies all day, most of which are probably Japanese.
Hmmm... that's never happened before.