The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:35 pm 

L.A. Connection wrote:
I wasn't the one who first mentioned Rotten Tomatoes' "arbitrary numbers and metrics".

More importantly, I also admit to being a fanboy myself. I'm just a discriminating one.

Let's face it, there are lots of us who if you give them enough explosions, hot chix and just plain old "cool $hit" will like just about any movie with even the most modest amount of quality. These are many of the self-same numbnuts who flock to see TRANSPONDER ALIENS Part 7 on opening weekend (after having bought the first 6 TRANSPONDER ALIENS Film Blu Ray Boxed Set) and give the film a 10 on imdB. Then 12 months later when Part 8 is foisted up them they'll bitch and moan: "Why are we getting another sequel!??" Worse, ask many of them about TRANSPONDER ALIENS PART 7 a few years after it was released, and they'll say, "Oh, that movie sucked". Those are the Fanboys that give the term a bad name. And, there are way too many of 'em.

This makes for good copy, but my problem with this argument is that it is based on wild assumptions. I haven't had any personal real life experiences with any of these so-called numbnuts you exaggeratedly describe, so that's why I wasn't buying into it before, and I'm certainly not buying into it now. I do agree that some fanboys refuse to dislike things that they are into, but you make it sound like that's a bad thing they should be ashamed of.

I never said that you initiated the Rotten Tomatoes discussion, but consider the source before responding and know that it's just not worth getting into. It's been fun debating with you, LA, but you should not dignify some comments with a response. You are not the troll.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:55 pm 

As a person who grew up watching Doctor Who and not Star Trek I can say that Season 6 of the revived Doctor Who series rubbish. It was watching Season 21 and 24 of Classic Who all over again. As a Doctor Who fanboy it would be nice to see a new actor and showrunner for Season 8 of the revivied series. Just an example of a fanboy that can dislike something about his faveorite show.