The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:10 pm 

Just saw the news that ABC has ordered up a pilot for a re-make of the 1984 V miniseries.

I am twitterpated, so long as they do it and manage to make it not suck.

V is a series that has odd meaning for me. When I was little, right around the time that my parents divorced, I remember my mother watching V. Sitting on the couch, and being allowed to stay up late to watch the mini-series and later series with my mom was one of the few really strong positive memories I had of my mother. When she passed away when I was 18, that memory came back to me. And the week I had off work after her passing, I spent a large chunk of it watching the mini-series on VHS.

So, the idea of the series being re-made excites me tremendously, as long as it's done well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 pm 

Interesting story...

I also have vivid memories of the miniseries from when I was a child, but for entirely different reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VObQfWMgmIM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:17 am 

I remeber it as well, but more than the show I remember the novel adaptation. I still have it, but haven't read it in years, and don't recall the quality of the writing. I do recall the follow up books were a mixed bag.

The memory I have though is that I lent the book to someone in Middle School. And not just anyone but likely the hottest girl in our grade. She had developed early and was quite cute. I was shocked she would have interest in the book. What I most vividly recall to this day was when I came by to pick the book up from her. Her Dad answered the door and called for her. She apparently had just gotten out of the shower. She had a white terry cloth robe, and a necklace with a small cross. The neckline of the robe plunged almost to her navel. Nothing happened, she was nice then. She changed a bit as she got older (you know how the later years of middle school and high school tend to get really cliquish) and I haven't seen her since graduation. I hadn't thought of her in years until you mentioned V. Funny how that works.