The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: 2009 Movie Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:37 am 

EDIT ON 03/02/09

Topic Was "Star Trek II and Logans Run = Great Start To the 'Thon"

Lineup As of 03/02/09
STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN
LOGAN'S RUN
TIME CRIMES

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:10 am 

Hear! Hear!

Awesome start. Cannot wait to see the rest of the lineup...heck, I just can't wait for a month to go by!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:07 am 

I agree! Two of my favorites!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 am 

YES! YES! I love getting a few titles at a time. For me, the countdown has finally arrived. I'm so freaking excited. 2 fantastic films!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 am 

got ticket 202 and 203 from the ogre yesterday!!

oh yesssss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 pm 

I got 03 04 and 05 from the Drexel East last night. They were very Big Brotherish, taking my name. :) Actually. I am happy with that, since I always worry about losing them, so this helps prove I bought them if I do lose it.

Quote:
For me, the countdown has finally arrived.

Much like the Force, the countdown will be with you. Always. Except on days when I don't get on the computer. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm 

What Logan's Run is IS BEING SCREENED AT THIS YEAR SCI FI MARATHON? HA HA HA HA HA HA... To all the nay sayers that Logan's will never screen at the Columbus Science Fiction Marathon.

On the other hand that I have to see it on the Drexel screen to believe it. It is a tradition that films being canceled at the very last minuet, and or vendor(s) forgot to shipped them. I hope that Logan's Run will be a decent print.

Well watching Logan's Run, and being 28 years old and going on 29 will be interesting. Time for me to Renew or Run.

Well I've have to spend the extra 3 bucks since I get paid monthly. Or the employer hopefully direct deposit the money before that.

Please screen Gravity. I don't mind if its transfer onto a DVD disc, since the 16MM film isn't in the best of shape.

Of course Spaceboy for the virgins. I'll be in my slightly buzz phase when watching it, laughing hysterically. Like the backwards version of last year.

Please show the A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell trailer.

One more thing please patronize the Drexel Radio Cafe/concession stand. This is how the Drexel makes their money, plus you will be supporting a local business and putting dollars in the local economy. Since this an Independent Theater and not like the AMC, Marcus, Regal corporate theater chains. They need the money. No revenue, no Marathon(s)!!! Since there are issues with Studio 35.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 am 

THANK YOU for finding and booking Logan's Run! I can't wait! I'm bringing some newbies into the fold this year! See you soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:45 pm 

willcail wrote:
Please screen Gravity. I don't mind if its transfer onto a DVD disc, since the 16MM film isn't in the best of shape.

I second that! Gravity has always been one of the major highlights of the ‘thon for me and I’ve really missed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:06 pm 

If worse comes to worst, Joe could revive Gravity Live. Somewhere in the boxes in the garage I have a body suit and fake breasts from a Lady Godiva and the horse she rode in on costume my wife and I wore to a costume party years ago. And, yes I was Lady Godiva, it wouldn't be funny otherwise.

In fact, humorous story. This was the second year my friend Ken and his wife hosted a Halloween Party. The year before my wife couldn't make the party so I just did a solo outfit. Usually we would do something like Big Red Riding Hood and the Little Bad Wolf, because honestly, nothing is funnier than a big guy dressed like a woman. So anyhow, the first year I had this rather fearsome skull mask, robe, staff that flashed and made thunder noises. My friend's wife had me sit out on the porch before the party and pretend to just be part of the decorations and scare people as they came in.

We always keep our costumes a secret, but Beth kept thinking that I was going to have a similar costume to the one the year before and kept telling me I needed to sit out in front of the house and scare people. I kept telling her, that, while I might scare them, it would be a different kind of scare. When we finally came out in our costumes she was a bit shocked. When I started to head to the front door to sit our front (which I was not going to do) she practically had a fit. I still chuckle thinking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:40 pm 

I got ticket 1313 in the mail today...Does Bruce know me or what :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 am 

usinoh wrote:
I got ticket 1313 in the mail today...Does Bruce know me or what :lol:

Haha thats great they pulled that for you!

As a sidetrack... I am watching The Apple on dvd right now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:10 am 

"And we're pleased to announce that TIME CRIMES (LOS CRONOCRIMENES) has been added to the SF26 schedule." -- email sent to me yesterday

This is when my anticpation builds, as we find more and more about the schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:34 pm 

SRCputt wrote:
"And we're pleased to announce that TIME CRIMES (LOS CRONOCRIMENES) has been added to the SF26 schedule." -- email sent to me yesterday

This is when my anticpation builds, as we find more and more about the schedule.

The Trailer for Time Crimes looks really good!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 am 

Time Crimes does look pretty good. I got my ticket (#26) Saturday at the Bexley Theater.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next