The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:13 pm 

If you missed "Battle In Outer Space " at 3:15 am, there is a 3 disc DVD set available called "Icons of Sci-Fi: Toho Collection" which includes "Battle in Outer Space" along with "Mothra" and "The H-Man". It retails for 29.95.

I ordered it last week on deepdiscount.com. for 11.98, and just received it today... although I see that now the price has gone up to 20.64. You may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere.

The transfers are supposed to be really great quality- I'll check it out tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 am 
Site Admin

*grins* I actually made it through that one. It was Galaxina that killed me off. XDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:22 am 

This was the only film I slept through at the marathon. However, I did get it through Netflix. It wasn't bad ... wish I could have stayed awake and watched it on the big screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 am 

The 3am-5am time period is deadly for me. I really wanted to see "Battle in Outer Space". The 3 minutes I saw looked like a great film print, too.

I did make it through Galaxina later in the morning...it was awful, but if I was ever going to see it, that was the place. Something about wading through crap with your fellow Marathoids makes it bearable. I would have never suffered through Automatons on video at home...it would have been out of the dvd player in a matter of minutes. But now it has become legend...almost a badge of honor to have made it out alive ;-)

I love it that someone yelled "HORRIBLE MOVIE!" in the middle of Galaxina. Not a clever snark, just an honest, almost involuntary reaction...hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:02 pm 

sanctuary wrote:
...I did make it through Galaxina later in the morning...it was awful, but if I was ever going to see it, that was the place. Something about wading through crap with your fellow Marathoids makes it bearable. I would have never suffered through Automatons on video at home...it would have been out of the dvd player in a matter of minutes. But now it has become legend...almost a badge of honor to have made it out alive ;-)
I love it that someone yelled "HORRIBLE MOVIE!" in the middle of Galaxina. Not a clever snark, just an honest, almost involuntary reaction...hehe

And, just think, we were subjected to GALAXINA twice in Boston! Of course, this kind of thing happens when the print is bought and paid for.

Gee, I always wondered where that Boston print ended up! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: Tag! You're it!