The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Should JASON X be shown in 2007?
NO I don't want you to not show JASON X in 2007 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
YES I want you to show JASON X in 2007 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
YES Show JASON X in 2007 so this guys will stop making polls about JASON X 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: New JASON X Poll
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:58 pm 

Should JASON X be shown in 2007?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:13 am 

So far the poll is 100% YES for JASON X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:20 pm 

Feel free to consider my lack of voting in this poll as a vote against showing Jason X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:47 pm 

cleazer wrote:
Feel free to consider my lack of voting in this poll as a vote against showing Jason X.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:20 pm 

Technically it's now 83% for showing it. But on the other hand, where it says "I don't want you to not show Jason X", that could be taken as saying I DO want you to show it, even if the voter thinks they are voting against it. So the poll is basically rigged and therefore unscientific. I assume this was intentional? You could be running elections in Florida.

I actually think it would be funny to show the film, because the audience would tear into it like it was Plan 9 From Outer Space. Are you prepared to have this film torn apart like a virgin on prom night? If you really love the movie, you might be better off with your DVD copy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:48 pm 

WolfNC17 wrote:
Technically it's now 83% for showing it. But on the other hand, where it says "I don't want you to not show Jason X", that could be taken as saying I DO want you to show it, even if the voter thinks they are voting against it. So the poll is basically rigged and therefore unscientific. I assume this was intentional? You could be running elections in Florida.

I actually think it would be funny to show the film, because the audience would tear into it like it was Plan 9 From Outer Space. Are you prepared to have this film torn apart like a virgin on prom night? If you really love the movie, you might be better off with your DVD copy.

Of coarse it was intentional I can't believe it took someone this long to say something :lol: , and I know this film would get ripped to shreds but those are the best movies at the marathons, they bring together the whole audience and even if you don't like the movie you can still enjoy the comments by others and if someone creates a classic line than that line will be connected to JASON X forever thus JASON lives on Forever. As you can tell I don't take thing to seriously it helps keep me young.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

Someday, probably not this year, I think we'll do this. We'll do it to honor Tim, former Drexel Grandview manager, organizer of his own horrothons, in his comix shop days one of the most generous prize donors of the golden age of the Drexel North , and fervent marathon website poster. I can almost guarantee that it will be shown in the wee hours, 3AM, 5AM, 7AM. I, for one, having never seen it, look forward to having JASON X keep me awake. This year, between MINDWARP: AN INFINITY OF TERROR, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACEMONSTER and KING DINOSAUR, we've got plenty of cheese already... but it is on the list!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 pm 

bar2b2 wrote:
Someday, probably not this year, I think we'll do this. We'll do it to honor Tim, former Drexel Grandview manager, organizer of his own horrothons, in his comix shop days one of the most generous prize donors of the golden age of the Drexel North , and fervent marathon website poster. I can almost guarantee that it will be shown in the wee hours, 3AM, 5AM, 7AM. I, for one, having never seen it, look forward to having JASON X keep me awake. This year, between MINDWARP: AN INFINITY OF TERROR, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACEMONSTER and KING DINOSAUR, we've got plenty of cheese already... but it is on the list!

This is all I could ever ask for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:54 am 

I would like to point out that this year I refrained from pushing for JASON X, this should in no way be interpreted that I no longer want to see JASON X at a marathon, Bruce (and everyone on the board) knows I want to see JASON X at a future marathon but I just no longer feel the need to keep pushing it.

I think I am becoming more layed back in my old age :P