The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marathon Dreams
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:55 pm 

Has anyone else here ever had a marathon-related dream, as in a literal dream during sleep? I had one a couple nights ago, and I've had a few in the past. Some have been of me watching some fictional movie (wish I could remember any of them!), and others have just been set in the theater or surrounding area. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this, or if I'm just way too obsessed.

Post subject: Re: Marathon Dreams
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:37 am 
Site Admin

agentstinky wrote:
Has anyone else here ever had a marathon-related dream, as in a literal dream during sleep? I had one a couple nights ago, and I've had a few in the past. Some have been of me watching some fictional movie (wish I could remember any of them!), and others have just been set in the theater or surrounding area. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this, or if I'm just way too obsessed.

I have 'em all the time. Often that the marathon is taking place in some really twisted theater with back rooms and spiral staircases and weird subdivisions and such. I have a lot of weird theaters in my dreams.

About half of them might qualify as nightmares. :)

David Bowie was there in the last one, though. Singing along with the intermission music. That was kinda nice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:15 pm 

GOBS AND GOBS of my dreams are about me in or around movie theaters. I don't know why, but I truly enjoy it. I think I had one dream where I was at a marathon, but I can't remember the specific details, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:29 pm 

VitruvianZeke wrote:
David Bowie was there in the last one, though. Singing along with the intermission music. That was kinda nice.

Damn, too bad we couldn't get him in real life this year for his cameo in TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:54 am 

agentstinky wrote:
VitruvianZeke wrote:

Damn, too bad we couldn't get him in real life this year for his cameo in TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! to hear David Bowie do a cover of "Goodbye Horses", originally sung by Lazarus Q. (I THINK I spelled that correctly.) It's the song heard in Silence Of The Lambs and Clerks 2. That song is catchier than the FLU!!!