The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:29 pm 

Since the movie went over so well at the Marathon, and there's ongoing discussion about how tough it is to find it to own, I thought I'd mention this here. First read about it yesterday when hitting the 'ol wiki to read-up on other incarnations of Flash.

scifi.com wrote:
Flash Blasts Off Again

SCI FI Channel has green-lighted production on Flash Gordon, a series based on the popular comic-strip franchise, the channel announced Jan. 12 at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, Calif.

Production on the 22 one-hour episodes begins in Canada early this year. The series, produced by Reunion Pictures, is slated to debut on SCI FI in July, with a broadcast syndication window to follow.

The series will be produced under an agreement between King Features Syndicate, which owns the rights to Flash Gordon, and Robert Halmi Sr. and Robert Halmi Jr. (The Legend of Earthsea).

The characters of Ming, Dale Arden and Dr. Hans Zarkov will be brought back for a contemporary retelling of the comic-strip story created in 1934 by Alex Raymond. The strip is still distributed internationally by King Features Syndicate.
ARTICLE

It's apparently going to star Eric Johnson, best known for playing Whitney on Smallville. more info here.

I'm looking forward to it! If nothing else it should spur a reissue of the movie, right? ;)