The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:05 pm 

Master Replicas is now taking pre-orders for a replica assault phaser, as first seen in Star Trek V.

I own several MR Star Trek items, including tricorder, communicator, phaser, Enterprise (watch this one with the volume turned off), etc. They are absolutely worth the money, though the cost of the new phaser seems much higher than the Type I they produced a couple of years ago.

The sometimes have non-Star Trek stuff from shows like ST:TNG, but it seems as though the Star Trek items are the bread and butter. Frankly, I only care about Star Trek, so I have no idea what the props from the other shows are like.

I was worried that, after having been purchased by Corgi, MR would no longer produce replicas. It's been a while, but it looks as though they are back and doing something more than just acting as a storefront for Corgi.

One interesting mistake in the description of the new phaser is ...

Quote:
The addition of removable clips in the phaser’s handle not only added realism, but actually allowed the Starfleet crew to run out of ammunition for the first time!

As any Star Trek fan knows, the Type I phasers had removable energy packs that formed the grip of the weapon. Several depleted units are even shown in the Star Trek episode, "The Omega Glory". And MR's own Type I replica also had removable grips.

Oh well, a minor oversite. :wink:

Starfleet Assault Phaser

nedrow[/url]