The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:25 am 

Spoilers ahead!

I'm trying to recall, but I thought at one point that Charlie couldn't swim, suddenly after close proximity to Desmond he is a record swimmer. Wither he lied or there is something about the island that alters the past/present. Either that or it is a nexus of sorts between different realities.

One theory I have seen is that every time Desmond saved Charlie's life or acted on his flashes, he unwittingly changed things around in what we percieve as their reality. Related to that is an idea of Desmond being aware (to some level) of time much like we are aware of space. Instead of in a linear fashion to some degree he is kind of like a less aware Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen.

That might explain part of why Jack is such a wreck. I almost wonder if he did come back, but came back to world where his father is alive. Kate clearly seems to be doing okay for herself based on her car. The question is do they remeber the world they came from and to a greater or lesser degree regret the world they live in now. By the way the funeral home is an anagram for Flash forward. There are alos some sites that have screen captures of the obit Jack was carrying around. Doesn't look like anyone's name we know. The theories there are varied.

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/newspaper-through-looking-glass.html