The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:10 pm 

Well I just watch my FRIDAY THE 13th Blu-Ray last night although some people are saying it is cropped (see image below) I did not notice it and if the movie is cropped in any way it certainly isn't cropped from the bottom as shown in the below picture, the best scene to compare is the scene where Marcie and Jack are in bed, you can clearly see her breast at the bottom of the screen just before she gets out of bed, this was always cropped out on VHS, laserdisc and cable. So if there is image cropping its from the top and during that scene I don't pay attention to the top of the screen :D

The picture and sound quality is AMAZING I was able to pick out several details that were lost in the original DVD transfer, one great example is when Annie is in the restroom you can clearly see a hand pulling back the shower curtain it was a creepy scene that was to dark on all previous releases to see, not to mention the extended gore scenes add a new dimension to the movie Also thanks to Blu-ray I was finally able to prove that Alice cheated at Strip Monopoly, Bill Clearly rolls a "10" on the dice yet Alice claims he rolled an "8" so he will land on her Baltic Avenue :evil: if you are a fan of the Friday the 13th movies and have a Blu-ray player you will love this transfer!!!