The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:22 pm 

Quote:
Check back soon for an updated history section!

To paraphrase Inigo Montoya: I keep seeing "soon." I do not think it means what you think it does.

The old one was nice. It had a little back end database that let you pick movie or year and would show a count of how many times a given movie was shown. I would just be happy with an old school list.

It is always nice to have at this time of year when we discuss possible lineups. My memory is somewhat faulty. My mind tends to lump marathons together, the early North years (when I came alone), the late North years (when I came with other people), the Riffe Years, the wondering through the wilderness years, The Grande years, The Gateway years, the Current Era.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:16 pm 

While we wait, check out this thread:

http://www.scifimarathon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=2298&sid=ef52d204aa033d3731801a4e94d123b5

Also, a comprehensive listing of all things marathoid is also available at VitruvianZeke's website here:

http://www.vitruvianzeke.com/Marathonia/Marathonia.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:07 am 

Thanks for the links.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

IAJUID got to the links before I did. Sorry to say that I have no more info to report. We do have plans, but for the moment the website's history page is still in limbo.

Until then the links Jack provided should stay up-to-date, I can vouch for the Marathonia link at any rate. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

The history page is in fact in limbo. I held off updating it until we move to a new design since I felt it would be too troublesome for users to navigate at this time with the current layout. There is, however, a nice one currently up previously mentioned which I'm sure you've already seen. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

(Sigh)....good to see that my aborted list of all the Marathons still lives on in the archives. At one time, in my younger, more idealistic days, I had this crazy idea that the Marathon history should be preserved...and that I should be the guy to do it. So I typed out the list found under that old topic, hoping to update it every year. I also started transcribing every piece of Marathon-related ephemera, from old Dispatch articles to several early Hoot commentaries. This was all in my pre-internet days, so the workload was rather Herculean in its inefficiency. The good thing about it is that I can now remember what Frank Gabrenya said about SF3 or what premieres were at the second Horror Marathon off the top of my head. So i got that going for me.

Rest assured, those of you who clamor for Marathon history: for the past four horrorthons, the esteemed Mr. Zecchini, Bruce and me have vowed to assemble the definitive online Marathon archive, so something will happen one of these days.