The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death to USINOH!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:57 pm 

Hello Everyone,

For personal reasons I have killed USINOH...well atleast the username USINOH...

I asked jenbowie to change my username and she did, Thank you Jen!!

My new username is jaws3dfan. This is the user name I use for facebook, ebay and many other Forums (twitter is jawsthreedfan).

New username Same old Tim!!

See you all on April 17th

Post subject: Re: Death to USINOH!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:52 pm 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

For personal reasons I have killed USINOH...

I am Jack's broken heart...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:22 pm 

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Who ARE you? What did you do with my USINOH?!! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 pm 

jenbowie wrote:
Who ARE you? What did you do with my USINOH?!! ;)

I kidnapped him and took him to the undersea Kingdom at Sea World where he was feed to a 35 foot Great white shark just minutes before Dennis Quaid killed the shark with a grenade. His arm was found floating in the water 2 days later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

I wouldn't worry ... he always comes back to life in the third reel. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:16 am 

Wait... what?

Tim is a fan of 3D? Say it ain't so! Or, wait... maybe it was just the plot, the dialogue, the acting, the excellent shark special effects, the cinematography, the editing, the directing, or any number of other things about that film that were AWESOME that you loved, and NOT the 3D?

Hehe. Just playing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:50 am 

scottcoz wrote:
Wait... what?

Tim is a fan of 3D? Say it ain't so! Or, wait... maybe it was just the plot, the dialogue, the acting, the excellent shark special effects, the cinematography, the editing, the directing, or any number of other things about that film that were AWESOME that you loved, and NOT the 3D?

Hehe. Just playing. :D

It's more of a childhood memory, my whole family went to see JAWS 3-D the opening weekend and had lots of fun. It was an Age of Innocence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm 

Wait.... what?

Tim likes The Age of Innocence? :)

Just goofing around. Actually, back on topic - I have fond memories of those cheesy 3D effects in the 70's/80's, too. I particularly remember having a lot of fun seeing Friday the 13th part 3, in 3D. I think it was kind of fun back when 3D effects were used as a "in-your-face" novelty, instead of the way it seems to be used more often nowadays - to try to create a convincing environment. I guess I'm just not a big fan of realism. :)

Anyway - off-topic, again - say, Tim, do you think maybe you could save me a seat at the 'thon this year? I'll be coming all alone, and won't be able to get there until probably 6-7pm saturday (alas, I somehow was left off the email list this year, so didn't get notification of the dates until rather late - meanwhile, all my regular crew is otherwise occupied this weekend, and I have to work saturday). I'd love to sit with Joe and you, if possible - if you don't already have too large a crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:03 pm 

Heck yea I will save you a seat. I too am going stag this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:10 pm 

scottcoz wrote:
Wait.... what?

Tim likes The Age of Innocence? :)

Just goofing around. Actually, back on topic - I have fond memories of those cheesy 3D effects in the 70's/80's, too. I particularly remember having a lot of fun seeing Friday the 13th part 3, in 3D. I think it was kind of fun back when 3D effects were used as a "in-your-face" novelty, instead of the way it seems to be used more often nowadays - to try to create a convincing environment. I guess I'm just not a big fan of realism. :)

Anyway - off-topic, again - say, Tim, do you think maybe you could save me a seat at the 'thon this year? I'll be coming all alone, and won't be able to get there until probably 6-7pm saturday (alas, I somehow was left off the email list this year, so didn't get notification of the dates until rather late - meanwhile, all my regular crew is otherwise occupied this weekend, and I have to work saturday). I'd love to sit with Joe and you, if possible - if you don't already have too large a crew.

I didn't actually get my "mailing list" email until last week. Advance advertising has been less than stellar this year, so it's not entirely your fault. Sorry you are going to miss a bit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 pm 

Well, poo. Looks like I was too optimistic. Been on the phone with my boss, and it's not gonna happen after all. I have to drive back and forth friday and saturday, for a job in Pataskala, believe it or not! Problem is, I have to provide a ride for a co-worker in Dayton who doesn't have a car - otherwise, I'd stay in a motel friday night, and as soon as the job is done saturday, come to the marathon - that was my plan, since I do have sunday off.

But, now, it turns out, because of the ride thing - the EARLIEST I'd be able to make it back to Columbus for the marathon would be around midnight saturday night, and that would be after having gotten up at 4am, driven back and forth 3 times, and worked an exhausting 11 or 12 hour day. I doubt I could even stay awake long enough to make it back to columbus at all, never mind actually staying awake for any more than maybe one or two movies once I got there.

I'm pretty annoyed about this whole situation, but I really only have myself to blame, for not checking the damn website earlier, and finding out what the dates were a couple weeks ago. Had I known before I committed to working this weekend, this wouldn't have been a problem.

Anyway, sorry Tim, Dale - I won't be there at all this year. I really wanted to go - to hang with all you guys, for one thing, and for another, even if it isn't the best line-up ever, I was looking forward to it - many films on that list I've never seen/would like very much to see. Oh well.

Have fun! I'll be thinking about you! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:24 am 

Scott dude that sucks :cry: but we all realize having a job these days is a good thing and it must be protected. See you at the Horror Marathon?