The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:43 am 

This would be perfect for the horror marathon:

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2010/10/paranormal-activity-haunts-tokyo-with-second-official-sequel.php

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the other Paranormal Activity 2. Yes, you read that right. Though Tod Williams' effort has been getting all the press it is not the only sequel to Oren Peli's micro-budget macro-hit.

Developed simultaneously to the US Paranormal Activity 2 is the Japanese effort Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night. Developed jointly by Japan's Presidio and US based IM Global this is a 100% authorized and sanctioned sequel to Peli's film and is something of a first in that it represents a sort of parallel sequel with the Paranormal story now developing different branches as opposed to running in a linear story as is the norm. Again, this is neither a remake nor a Japanese version of the American sequel but a totally independent story rooted in the Paranormal Activity world. And if this sort of thing has ever been done before I can't think of an example.

Written and directed by Toshikazu Nagae the story revolves around a Japanese student who brings the ghost home with him from a trip in San Diego thereby unleashing it in Tokyo.