The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 pm 

I go back to my original thought...I'd be more than happy to donate to the cause. I know for sure I've got at least 2 newbies and hoping for, maybe another 1 or 2 with a return visit of a casual marathoid.

Which reminds, I've got to send the newbies the "Horror Marathon Survival Kit" email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 am 

Posting this message via my iPod Touch through my air port base in honor of Steve Jobs.

I do hope that premires will happen this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:02 am 

All the younger people that I know (most of whom haven't seen a lot of classic horror films) seem to love Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. So it seems if we want to attract a younger audience, we need to bring on the zombies. Maybe pair up one of those with a Romero film to teach them where it all came from! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am 
Site Admin

WolfNC17 wrote:
All the younger people that I know (most of whom haven't seen a lot of classic horror films) seem to love Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. So it seems if we want to attract a younger audience, we need to bring on the zombies. Maybe pair up one of those with a Romero film to teach them where it all came from! :wink:

We'd love to show Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, so don't surprised if they pop up at Marathons in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:28 pm 

Any news on the premires or the schedule?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:18 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
WolfNC17 wrote:

We'd love to show Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, so don't surprised if they pop up at Marathons in the near future.

I like both of them a lot too. I was just suggesting them as films we could show that both younger and older fans can get behind. Whereas a Platinum Dunes remake might turn off the die-hards. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:40 pm 

Turns out that, barring some miracle, I will be the only one of my usual group attending the marathon this year. It's a shame, but I intend to represent us and watch all of the films. Hopefully they will be with us in spirit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:31 pm 

Since I just watched the Bread DVD and notice that it is ten years since the last Night of the Living Bread with "live bread". Is it too late to get Mr Nedrow to agree a screening of Night of the Living Bread with "live bread"?

I'm basing the ten years on the special features of the Bread DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:44 pm 

Hello, everyone! Newbie here :)

Just bought my ticket via paypal and really looking forward to the marathon Saturday.

Are tix purchased online held at the booth / will-call or do I just print out my receipt?

Also, I have tons of other questions and perused the boards, but didn't find a "Newbie Survival Kit." Could someone point me in the right direction (if there is such a thread)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, welcome to this twisted thing of ours!

If you ordered via PayPal, your ticket should be waiting for you at the door. As a failsafe, print out your receipt and bring it with you as well.

See you on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm 

meli4649 wrote:
Hello, everyone! Newbie here :)

Just bought my ticket via paypal and really looking forward to the marathon Saturday.

Are tix purchased online held at the booth / will-call or do I just print out my receipt?

Also, I have tons of other questions and perused the boards, but didn't find a "Newbie Survival Kit." Could someone point me in the right direction (if there is such a thread)?

I second the welcome. There is some good info for newbies in the "info" section of the main website HERE. And a few good tips in a stickied thread in the SciFi section HERE.

And please don't be shy afterwards, let us know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:53 pm 

Joe, thank you so much! Will do.

IamJacksUserID, thanks for the link.
I have to chuckle at myself because I had a feeling it was right under my nose :oops: I just immediately jumped into the forum searching for help!

See y'all there!

I'll try to come back and share my experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm 

Meli4649,

Welcome to the insanity of the 24 Hour Horror Marathon.

Don't forget have fun. As of right now I'll going to stay up until six or seven pm. I'll will crash around seven or eight pm. Set My alarm at four thirty am saturday morning. Get to the bus stop at five am to catch the first bus to west fifth ave and grandview.

I'll show up around six-thirty am. Drinking coffee, smoothe, and eating breakfast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 pm 

meli4649 wrote:
Joe, thank you so much! Will do.

IamJacksUserID, thanks for the link.
I have to chuckle at myself because I had a feeling it was right under my nose :oops: I just immediately jumped into the forum searching for help!

See y'all there!

I'll try to come back and share my experience.

Before I forget, I also recommend the podcast interview HERE and the Q&A blog linked earlier HERE. Information galore and general Marathon history goodness.

Of course, this is all also terribly subjective. The marathons are unique experiences and hopefully yours will be a good one.

Well, I'm off to bed to catch an early flight. Is there a contest for "furthest distance traveled in deference to this filmic thing of ours?"

My phone internet stinks so I won't be posting until after I get back. (I know, I know... "Thank goodness!" most of you are thinking)

If I don't talk to you this weekend, I'm sure I'll be posting my thoughts here eventually. And if there happens to be anyone out there who would like to meet me in person for some strange reason, just have Joe introduce us. I'm not terribly shy and I'm not hiding behind any kind of internet persona.

Less than 40 hours away. Bring it on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:37 am 

What type of phone do you have? I've a Nokia Nuron running symbian os with lmited flash support.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next