The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:49 pm 

Pedobear gives A Serbian Film its seal of approvial.

Make sure to schedule A Serbian Film around 10 or 11pm so people have somewhere to go since most business closed around midnight.

How about schedule A Serbian Film in the afternoon. The sooner it screen the better. I do hope I don't offened anyone by suggesting to screen A Serbian Film during the afternoon. ;)

Larry Blamire is a very talented and underrated director. His films are pure fun. Better than the director and star of A Serbian Film. Just opnion. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:13 pm 

By my calculation that puts me several hundred thousand imaginary points above anyone else

Feel free to use it for the pamphlet that you will be handing out Saturday afternoon :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:00 am 

I would like to be in on the joke, but i have no idea what "Pedobear" actually is or where it comes from. I guess that shows how little I know about pedophiles. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:28 am 

Here is a brief explaination about the pedobear internet meme.

Pedobear is a term used when discussing a topic that borders close to disturbing behavior toward children. Since A Serbian Film features anal rape and anal bleeding of a boy (Yes it simulated but still disgusting.) and rape of a 13 or 14 year old girl. Hey I just reported what's in the film. If you are offended take it up with the person who book this so called film.

Anyway that is the defination of pedobear. Here's ideal include the pedobear seal of approval. If people gets the reference then they can skip the film.

Last edited by willcail on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:52 am 

Don't worry, I'm not offended. But thanks for the explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:17 am 

willcail wrote:
Here is a brief explaination about the pedobear internet meme.

Pedobear is a term used when discussing a topic that borders close to disturbing behavior toward children. Since A Serbian Film features anal rape and anal bleeding of a boy (Yes it simulated but still disgusting.) and rape of a 13 or 14 year old girl. Hey I just reported what's in the film. If you are offended take it up with the person who book this so called film.

Anyway that is the defination of pedobear. Here's ideal include the pedobear seal of approval. If people gets the reference then they can skip the film.

Also, since we are on the subject. Is everyone aware of that classic routine "Who's on First?" Well, I finally figured out what the confusion was. When Abbott explains that "Who" is on first, that's actually the guy's name! And then there is a guy named "Watt" who plays second base. So this turns out to very confusing for Costello because these names both sound like questions. So he thinks Abbott is asking questions when in fact he is actually answering them!

Oh, man! Funny stuff! The bit just keeps going and going because Costello is never actually in on the joke, lol!

Good times.

Post subject: A Serbian Film
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:09 pm 

Having now watched this film, and being left with the words, "WHAT THE Frack Was That" I hope movies like this DO NOT become a trend. All other movies where great And Midnight Son was the best. But I will ask lets keep these movies to a bare minimum. Now if there are those who liked it, more power to you. For me it was not a highlight of my time. But I will say thank you to all who helped to get the marathon "in" the ground another year.

Post subject: Horror marathon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:52 pm 

Made it home in once piece. I watched A Serbian Film, it was like watching that slow train wreck. You knew it was coming, but you just could not look away. Then when the money shot happended your were still like WTF. Next year should be interesting to see what film will be shown next to break any taboos.

Post subject: Re: Horror marathon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

Delemar wrote:
Next year should be interesting to see what film will be shown next to break any taboos.

TWILIGHT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 pm 

Heh. I would dare you on that one Joe, but I suspect it would just make you more determined to book it.

On the other hand, the snarking of Twilight would be EPIC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:12 am 

My husband and I both made it through Serbian, while it wasn't enjoyable, I can take it for what it was worth - and quite happily not watch it ever again. I didn't however like Midnight Son, amusingly it reminded me of the Twilight craze, perhaps it was the late showing or following the overwhelming Serbian Film. Just seemed like emo vampires to me, might have to try another watch at some point. Joe, I watched Serbian, and I support your right to show whatever you wish, but please don't book Twilight. I don't think even snarking would make that tolerable :)

Post subject: horror short
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 pm 

there was a horror short on fear.net "zombie road kill" its funny. There is a PSA and the movie it self is about 4-5 shorts of about 5-10 minutes each. Its worth a look if any one want to see it or has seen it.