The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flesh For Frankenstein
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:06 pm 

So I just watched Flesh For Frankenstein again last night on a DVR recording I did in 2008 before IFC started interrupting their films with commercials. Since I wasn't at this past year's marathon I'm wondering how much was cut out. The gore is so cheesy it's hard to picture (with my 2011 eyes) anyone wanting to censor it. It's such a perfect marathon movie, I hope people were still able to enjoy it despite the cuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 pm 

Just about any shot of physical violence was cut. Not subtly, but with very obvious jump cuts. The necro scene was cut, but Kier's famous line survived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Chalk the FLESH semi-debacle up to a case of "how didn't I remember that?" with a side order of "I wish you had reminded me of that." According to our print source, the infamously mobbed-up Bryanston (which distributed FLESH, as well as DEEP THROAT and TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE) cut almost all of the gore out of the R-rated flat prints, but left it in for the X-rated 3D prints.

In the end, our 3D capabilities would probably never have been up to snuff for a screening like this. But now I wish that we had tried a little bit harder. Maybe we can bring it back soon in its full gory glory.

Last edited by Joe Neff on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:33 am 

Joe Neff wrote:
Chalk the FLESH semi-debacle up to a case of "how didn't I remember that?" with a side order of "I wish you had reminded me of that." According to our print source, the infamously mobbed-up Bryanston (which distributed FLESH, as well as DEEP THROAT and TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE) cut almost all of the gore out of the R-rated flat prints, but left it in for the X-rated 3D prints.

In the end, our 3D capabilities would probably never been up to snuff for a screening like this. But now I wish that we had tried a little bit harder. Maybe we can bring it back soon in its full gory glory.

[LIKE]